PDA

View Full Version : Perma green ride on

crzymow
01-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I just purchased a permagreen ride on spreader/sprayer. I've been getting more larger lawns to fert and spray. I was wondering how small a lawn do you guys use them on?

rcreech
01-07-2009, 02:04 PM
I just purchased a permagreen ride on spreader/sprayer. I've been getting more larger lawns to fert and spray. I was wondering how small a lawn do you guys use them on?

I have used on a 2K lawn!

SpreadNSpray
01-07-2009, 02:15 PM

Sweet! I hope you like it as much as I do. I use the Magnum on every lawn. I don't even carry a push spreader anymore. If there is a spot too tight to spray I just hand can it or grab a pump up which is rare.

crzymow
01-07-2009, 02:16 PM
sounds like it is going to make me lazier. lol also how do you take it job to job?

rcreech
01-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Sure will!

Life is good! :)

SpreadNSpray
01-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Yep that's right. Life is good and now your gona get fat.

This is the rack I use for transport. It's nice not hauling a trailer.
http://www.permagreen.com/magnum/default.aspx?id=3&aid=2&index=1

One thing with the rack, we had to put new receiver hitches on to hold the weight. The stock chevy 2500hd hitches bent in half and broke some welds.
I also put in air bags to hold the 200g tank, fert and the permagreen.

Real Green
01-07-2009, 02:36 PM
This is our B&B hitch carrier. That is what we used to use to get the unit from job site to job site. Below that is our custom built dual reciever on our new truck for our T3000. Hope you enjoy your new ride-on. We use ours on lawns as small as 2k just like my good buddy RCREECH.

Victor
01-07-2009, 02:43 PM
As always. You've got a top-notch set up there. Very impressive. :)

jbturf
01-07-2009, 03:59 PM
that carrier rack is mint
is it stainless or aluminum?
and is that a nurse tank in the front

jkranium
01-07-2009, 04:09 PM
That is an awesome rack for the T3000. Have you ever had a magnum come off of that rack with only one of the wheel braces on? I thought I would be fine, but my Dad took a nice pothole at about 2 miles per hour and it actually rolled off the front. Ever since then I have both on.

rcreech
01-07-2009, 04:40 PM
This is our B&B hitch carrier. That is what we used to use to get the unit from job site to job site. Below that is our custom built dual reciever on our new truck for our T3000. Hope you enjoy your new ride-on. We use ours on lawns as small as 2k just like my good buddy RCREECH.

Hey buddy! Did you forget to call me back last week? :laugh:

You are getting about as bad as calling back as I am! :laugh:

That is an awesome rack! Can you e-mail me some pics of it also how it is mounted on the frame and some more close ups?

I was thinking about getting a ramp for the back of my truck, but that rack looks pretty good also.

Thanks,
RC

Real Green
01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
that carrier rack is mint
is it stainless or aluminum?
and is that a nurse tank in the front

The whole body and rack on the truck is aluminum. We absolutely love it. It is a small 200 gallon nurse tank. We put it in the back when we do our all liquid round.

That is an awesome rack for the T3000. Have you ever had a magnum come off of that rack with only one of the wheel braces on? I thought I would be fine, but my Dad took a nice pothole at about 2 miles per hour and it actually rolled off the front. Ever since then I have both on.

We never had a problem with it comming off the rack. It actually held up very well when we used it. I am sorry to hear about it rolling off, maybe you could find a way to strap it down?

Hey buddy! Did you forget to call me back last week? :laugh:

You are getting about as bad as calling back as I am! :laugh:

That is an awesome rack! Can you e-mail me some pics of it also how it is mounted on the frame and some more close ups?

I was thinking about getting a ramp for the back of my truck, but that rack looks pretty good also.

Thanks,
RC

Dude, I need to call you back ASAP. I am going to Mid Atlantic Nursery Trade Show in Baltimore tomorrow and when I get some down time over there I will give you call, we've got a lot to catch up on! I will def get more pictures for you on Friday of it all and e-mail them to you. Talk to you tomorrow.

SpreadNSpray
01-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Nice rig Real Green. That looks like a money making machine.

RigglePLC
01-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Do you mean Ultra or Magnum? Fertilizer is fairly easy on small lawns--although it probably takes longer with the Permagreen (once you unload it and fill it) than with a push spreader. We use a very small plastic spreader for small yards or confined or hilly areas. Weed control on small yards is a lot more risky. We usually pull out the hose for anything smaller than 6000 feet. Damaged too many flowers trying to go between flowers and bushes. Learn to use the trim nozzle, until you are quick and accurate.

americanlawn
01-08-2009, 06:56 PM
I got one word for Real Green .....SWEET! Nice set-up buddy!

I was like you -- I did not want to take the chance of our T3000's falling off the back, so we also went to "dual receiver" carrier racks.

The probs with single receiver racks are: they wear out fast, they sway, they eventually sag, and become unsafe. I don't care what brand of ride-on is involved. A local fabricator showed us two receivers that were actually broken apart, and the carrier rack broke off the trucks (PG racks). Also, the other post is correct -- the original GM receivers are not strong enough.

Dual receiver racks will not sag, they do not wobble, they don't crack/break, and they offer decades of reliability. Pretty fine investment IMO.

CHARLES CUE
01-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Boy i like that truck and carrier for that T3000 nice job
Charles Cue

rcreech
01-08-2009, 09:10 PM
If you think Real Green's truck is nice...you should see their shop and office! :weightlifter:

TOP OF THE LINE!

CHARLES CUE
01-08-2009, 09:28 PM
If you think Real Green's truck is nice...you should see their shop and office! :weightlifter:

TOP OF THE LINE!

i THINK MOST HAVE HE POSTED it ON HERE little bit ago but the truck and rack are some what a one of a kind
Charles Cue

Jason Rose
01-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Crzymow: You are going to LOVE the Permagreen. Just take some time to get comfortable on it. Don't start out on a tight lawn with lots of slopes and obsticles...

I do every lawn I can get mine onto. I only have a few that have gates too narrow to get it through. I only carry the push spreader when I know I'm headed in the direction of these few lawns (they are all in the same area). I use the edger deflector and 3rd hold shutoff to my advantage to get onto small areas with little troubles. Sure, some small lawns would be easy with the push spreader, but the Perma already has product in it and I know it's calibrated right.

Real Green: that looks like an awesome set-up man. Another T3000 user.

crzymow
01-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. I am looking forward to trying it out this spring when we lose all this snow