PDA

View Full Version : Add a spray tank to Lesco HPS?

EGL&L
01-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Was wondering if anyone has added a spray tank to their Lesco HPS? I'd like to get a small tank and pump, put a battery on it, run some hoses and nozzles, and then I can just click it on while spreading just to spot spray sporadic weeds.
Not sure how long a battery would last in this type of use. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, aside from the "you should've bought a Permagreen" of course.
Thanks,
Bob

RigglePLC
01-07-2009, 09:08 PM
EGL, you should have bought a Permagreen. Be that as it may--take a look at the Fimco 25 gal sprayer. You may want to stay below 15 gallons to reduce the weight. And see our discussion with Derek of Texas, about this set up from last week. Cheap system, but Home Depot may have it--or Tractor Supply Co.
http://www.fimcoindustries.com/lg40ss.htm
Short foldup booms would look nice.

Jason Rose
01-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Someone has done it, very nicely too. Unfortunately not a member here, but on another forum we aren't even allowed to post the name of on here.
There's been other recent discussions about the sprayer too. I think he had planned to build and sell them, but I don't know if that came to be or not. If I recall, the price of the HPS, plus what he was asking for his spray unit, came in like $800 to $1,000 less in cost than a Permagreen. Of course the HPS is not stainless anywhere either.

ro1207
01-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Actually your Lesco HPS is produced by Cub Cadet Commercial. Cub has just introduced their stand on spreader/sprayer version of this machine called the XP. I don't know if John Deere Landscapes will have a version made for them. But I do think you can buy the conversion kit to make your HPS into a sprayer. This is a new kit that does not use up any hopper space. The old kit was a drop in that took up almost 1/2 of the hopper space. You will probably have to contact a cub cadet commercial dealer to purchase the kit.