PDA

View Full Version : Google rank dropping down?

birdturd9726
01-07-2009, 10:47 PM
i use to be #1 on Google for almost anything i searched. I recently checked my ranks, and now im on the 2nd or 3rd page. I am really pissed off. I think that the package merchant circle offers is taking over all the top spots because it seem like 2 or 3 local landscapers bout some type of listing package to list them on everything(they don't even have actually websites, it is just ads). I am wondering if anyone knows how i can get back to #1. I am worried that i might not get the customer results i did last spring. Please help me!!!

Kiril
01-08-2009, 01:26 AM
If you are in the first 5-10 listed, I wouldn't be that worried about it. If you get kicked to page 2, then you might want to do something about it.

birdturd9726
01-08-2009, 03:04 PM
If you are in the first 5-10 listed, I wouldn't be that worried about it. If you get kicked to page 2, then you might want to do something about it.

i use to come up 4th or 5th for "suffolk county landscaping" i just checked and am not on the 5th page!!!!!!!!!
any ideas how i can regain my goggle rank.

Kiril
01-08-2009, 03:08 PM
http://www.webanalyticsworld.net/2007/10/ultimate-local-search-optimization.html

birdturd9726
01-08-2009, 03:26 PM
http://www.webanalyticsworld.net/2007/10/ultimate-local-search-optimization.html

haha i was searching around the web last night for tips to get my rank up and found that sight and i was just gonig to do that right now and i decided to check my e-mails and saw someone posted on this andu had the same site....thanks lol

any other tips/help???

Team-Green L&L
01-08-2009, 07:55 PM
You will not maintain rankings unless you update content and keep it fresh, keep new reciprocal links coming in, and ALWAYS work on off-site content with backlinks. That is the secret to SEO "Slow and Steady wins the race".

Merchant Circle is a directory that has thousands of listings, many of which link back to them, plus they uses a massive internal link structure like Yellowpages.com does. It will be difficult to top them, but they are not your competition. Users who are "ready to buy" will typically look for the first REAL BUSINESS listing on Google.

birdturd9726
01-08-2009, 09:47 PM
You will not maintain rankings unless you update content and keep it fresh, keep new reciprocal links coming in, and ALWAYS work on off-site content with backlinks. That is the secret to SEO "Slow and Steady wins the race".

Merchant Circle is a directory that has thousands of listings, many of which link back to them, plus they uses a massive internal link structure like Yellowpages.com does. It will be difficult to top them, but they are not your competition. Users who are "ready to buy" will typically look for the first REAL BUSINESS listing on Google.

do you know if a sitemap helps that much. i never had one but i just read it helps a whole lot. I am adding one right now lol.

Kiril
01-08-2009, 11:57 PM
do you know if a sitemap helps that much. i never had one but i just read it helps a whole lot. I am adding one right now lol.

Every site should have one, if for no other reason than accessibility.

ritchiem
01-09-2009, 12:32 AM
an XML site map tells search engines where to go and how often....so yes every site needs one.