PDA

View Full Version : Techo-Bloc Suprema Wall

LB1234
01-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Was wondering if anyone else utilized the Suprema wall by Techo-Bloc yet. We did a small 4' high wall last year utilizing two layers of grid. Two things:

First, was curious others opinions on the "pin" system of theirs. I found it a little difficult to work with, especially with the grid. Not a major pain but lining them up was a bit of a pain and it isn't like lifting 85# block is the easiest thing to do. Perhaps I was doing something wrong???

Second, was wondering what you thought about having multiple corner blocks on the pallet. And, of those corners, there were left and rights. I just thought that was a waste. We wound up cutting a lot of the corners off and used in our buried block course or cutting them in half to use against the foundation wall we were building up against. Again, bit of a pain since we had to "dig out" the corner blocks from the pallet...and yes I don't like moving those size blocks more than I have to. Just wondering on others thoughts/opinions.

All in all we liked the block a lot.

Appreciate the responses.:waving:

Paver Gangster
01-12-2009, 02:12 AM
Sounds like a pain the arse to me. Are you sure you werent using a channel system rather than a pin system?

I know Techo likes to pack corner units with their packaging, that makes little sense since if you buy Keystone and need corners, most stockists will sell the corners to you by the piece rather than forcing you to bury the unneeded concrete, and the fiberglass pins lock into the geogrid much better than those plastic Techo channels, all in all if your looking at 8" or less I find Keystone walls about 25% less in material than Techo walls + less labour.

LB1234
01-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Actually, I liked the product a lot...I just thought I was perhaps doing something wrong or there might have been a trick to it that I was missing. The only other types walls I have done are the garden walls that have the lip in the back and walls that have actual pins...which I thought were much easier to work with.

the problem with that 'channel' system as you call it was alot of the time when I placed the block down it would move/shift the plastic and I would wind up lifting the block back up, resetting the plastic tabs, and then placing the block back down...sometimes multiple times.

Paveit
03-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Late to the party but Techo-Bloc's pins are an alignment device only and provide little....if any structural integrity to the wall...corners on suprema are to be used in the wall just as any other block on the pallet unless otherwise needed as corners.

:cool2: Techo Dude

LB1234
03-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Late to the party but Techo-Bloc's pins are an alignment device only and provide little....if any structural integrity to the wall...corners on suprema are to be used in the wall just as any other block on the pallet unless otherwise needed as corners.

:cool2: Techo Dude

I find that hard to believe. Simply stack a few of these blocks on your driveway. Some with pins and some without. Guarantee it will take more force to knock down the one without pins that with.

LB1234
03-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Second, was wondering what you thought about having multiple corner blocks on the pallet. And, of those corners, there were left and rights. I just thought that was a waste. We wound up cutting a lot of the corners off and used in our buried block course or cutting them in half to use against the foundation wall we were building up against. Again, bit of a pain since we had to "dig out" the corner blocks from the pallet...and yes I don't like moving those size blocks more than I have to. Just wondering on others thoughts/opinions.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone actually reads this, although it doesn't seem the case...

Spoke to paver pete about the suprema wall at one of the road shows here in jersey. He explained they are changing the way they set up this pallet of block. They are going to make the corner block so they can be reversible..in other words flip the block to make either a left or right corner block. I beleive (got to dbl check) they are also going to have less corner block and more regular block so you don't have to wind up doing as much cutting.

Paveit
03-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Absolute laughable if you truly think Techo - Bloc's tubular alignment devices are structural... im just a novice i guess haha :hammerhead: