PDA

View Full Version : help building a 'Iguana habitat'

Chrysalis
01-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Hey everyone!

I was wondering if you all could give me some ideas to creating a nice habitat for some wild iguana's that are down here in South Florida. I have a potential client that wants a waterfall, pond, and a little area for them to hang out, sunbath and eat in.

Im thinking layered cap rock waterfall with room for them to lay on the different levels of rock going up the waterfall with a nice size 500-600 gallon pond. Maybe a trellis or somehting for them to climb up into? I heard they are canopy dwellers.

Also, some good shrubs they wont tear to shreds? They have a hearty appetite for ornamentals. :

Smallaxe
01-09-2009, 08:43 AM
You 'heard' they are ... - c'mon u haven't even read anything yet?

Sounds like a fun project, but many of us don't know much about iguanas. Do research on their favorite habitat and food supply. Where do you see them when you are out and about now? When you spot one think about what he is doing there and why?

White Gardens
01-09-2009, 04:49 PM
You 'heard' they are ... - c'mon u haven't even read anything yet?

Sounds like a fun project, but many of us don't know much about iguanas. Do research on their favorite habitat and food supply. Where do you see them when you are out and about now? When you spot one think about what he is doing there and why?

I agree Smallaxe,

I'd love to work on a project like that, definitively want to maybe go to the Local Zoo and see if there is anybody there you can talk to.