PDA

View Full Version : NJ guys....Pest lic ?????s

forestfireguy
01-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Hey guys,

Was womdering whats involved in getting liscensed ? Heres my deal, I'm running a landscape div for a big cleaning company, we have been subbing some and doing smaller ones ourselves, I just started here in Nov and will be changing that, either we will get liscensed or we will sub it all. I do not want any part of fines or liability plus it's just the right way to go. So we run three crews all commercial accounts, I will not personally be doing the treatments but after the liscensing I will decide what to do as far as product and treatment schedule with consultation of our vendor( shemins ), assuming I decide not to sub it all. Do my actual applicators also need liscensing or can they work under mine? Can the company be liscensed instead of me as an individual? Does the use of strictly organic materials still require a liscence ? I have been in this field for years but have avoided the chemical side, now I have no choice but to either get liscensed or not and I'll need to figure out if it's worth the time or not profit wise to keep it in house or sub it. Thoughts ?

heritage
01-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Hey guys,

Was womdering whats involved in getting liscensed ? Heres my deal, I'm running a landscape div for a big cleaning company, we have been subbing some and doing smaller ones ourselves, I just started here in Nov and will be changing that, either we will get liscensed or we will sub it all. I do not want any part of fines or liability plus it's just the right way to go. So we run three crews all commercial accounts, I will not personally be doing the treatments but after the liscensing I will decide what to do as far as product and treatment schedule with consultation of our vendor( shemins ), assuming I decide not to sub it all. Do my actual applicators also need liscensing or can they work under mine? Can the company be liscensed instead of me as an individual? Does the use of strictly organic materials still require a liscence ? I have been in this field for years but have avoided the chemical side, now I have no choice but to either get liscensed or not and I'll need to figure out if it's worth the time or not profit wise to keep it in house or sub it. Thoughts ?

Go to the Cooperative Extension in the County you live. They have the info you need and the study manuals.

Yes you can have others work under you License for which YOU will be Accountable.

I think every applicator should have their OWN license, as well as be Accountable for their actions with pesticide use.

If it has an EPA Reg # you need to have a Pest Lic to apply.

Fert you do not need a Lic. in NJ.

Get on it now and you can have you Lic in April/May just in time for 2009.

Good Luck,

Pete

DLAWNS
01-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Go to the Cooperative Extension in the County you live. They have the info you need and the study manuals.

Yes you can have others work under you License for which YOU will be Accountable.

I think every applicator should have their OWN license, as well as be Accountable for their actions with pesticide use.

If it has an EPA Reg # you need to have a Pest Lic to apply.

Fert you do not need a Lic. in NJ.

Get on it now and you can have you Lic in April/May just in time for 2009.

Good Luck,

Pete

Great answers,:clapping: also check out www.pcpnj.org. There is also info on there!

forestfireguy
01-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks Guys.............

Ramrods
01-15-2009, 07:32 PM
drop me line and I will help you out. 800-962-8098 Michael