PDA

View Full Version : How many Spring/fall clean ups in 1 day?

AGG Lawn Maintenance
02-26-2002, 12:18 PM
How many clean ups can you do in one day? with 3-4 guys for a clean up crew we can do about 8 houses in as many hours under good conditions. I'm talking full clean ups. We use : 2 back pack blowers, 2 ground blowers, 60" rider with collection system.
All leaves are left curbside. Tell me what type of equiptment you use, how many men and how many clean ups in one day. I've been doing maintenance for 14 years and always strive to do the best work not the most.
p/s no fighting please:D
Travis

stslawncare
02-26-2002, 12:21 PM
it all depends on size of property, number of trees etc etc, with a four man crew on a half acre property with minimal amount oftrees u shuold be able to do tons! also in my opinion theres a difference between spring and fall cleanup, especially the dust level lol

rodfather
02-26-2002, 12:25 PM
Kind of hard to say, Travis, how many in one day.

We use a couple of backbacks, 8hp leaf blowers. Also have vac systems on all WBs and Toro Groundsmasters.

Some places only take 20 or 30 minutes. But we have one job in the Fall where all the leaves can only be dumped in one spot...the customer wants them for future compost. It's at the far end of the property (horse farm) and so there's a lot of dead heading back and forth with the mowers (pia). So we charge accordingly.

Average day, probably 7 or 8.

Randy Scott
02-26-2002, 12:29 PM
I'm solo, I've done cleanups that take an hour and some that take 10. :)

mdb landscaping
02-26-2002, 01:24 PM
i work solo using a br400, little wonder with 9 hp honda, lazer z, and a scag 48 inch with bagger. i can do two full cleanups a day. a few times ive been able to start a third, but thats about as productive as i can be. i want to put a bagging system on the lazer so things go a little easier. most cleanups take me 3-4 hours.

ohiolawnguy
02-26-2002, 03:53 PM
for fall, basically, we go on 10-14 day schedule instead of weekly. 10-14 days depends on the weather. the grassusually isnt growing that fast during this time, so we dont feel the need to mow every 7 days.

spring is just a matter of doing cleanups till they are all done. if grass is growing by that time, we start mowing. if not, we do some landscaping jobs, or whatever else may need done.

slplow
02-26-2002, 07:03 PM
AGG, why do you leave leaves at curbside? Why don't you take them away or put in the woods at site. It certainly would make your co look better. We do 3-4 for a day( two men crew) with red max back packs, jrco48"dethatcher mounted on walker and tack every thing to a compost facility. This year, to speed things up, might try blowing beds out first and dethatching and sucking up with the Walker. usually I dethatch, blow lawns off then mow.:blob2:

GreenQuest Lawn
02-26-2002, 10:12 PM
Sometimes 1

Sometimes 5 or more

2 man crew
02-26-2002, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slplow
[B]AGG, why do you leave leaves at curbside? Why don't you take them away or put in the woods at site. It certainly would make your co look better.

Most of the guys that leave leaves curbside have another truck with a leaf loader. Or they have a sub picking them up. That would be great if you could dump everything in the street though!

65hoss
02-27-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by GreenQuestLawn
Sometimes 1

Sometimes 5 or more

I agree. There are so many variables.

AGG Lawn Maintenance
02-27-2002, 10:08 AM
We have only one town in my area that does not pick up the leaves. I don't know why it is a very rich area. All of the other areas you can put them curbside for city pick up. Each town has a schedule of approximately when they will pick of the leaves from certain areas. They usually break it down into zones. We try to coordinate our schedule according to each town. Although we have found towns to be about a week behind in some cases. However we will take away leaves at a per truckload charge. It is recommended to the customer to get the city to haul them. After all thats part of what their taxes pay for.
Travis:D