PDA

View Full Version : What do your apps consist of?

mngrassguy
01-10-2009, 02:19 AM
My first round is all granular with Dimension
Second is granular + dimension + spot spray early or liquid + Dimension + broad leaf blanket late.
Third is granular + spot spray + insect control as needed.
Fourth is liquid + broad leaf blanket.
Fifth is granular + spot spray.
Sixth is granular.

We don't see much insect pressure here so I apply all at no charge as long as I can do it the same time as an app or it's sold as an add on service

turf hokie
01-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Rd 1A fert @ 1/2 rate (only on some clients this is an addon)
Rd 1 fert w. dimension
Rd 2 fert w. dimension and spot weed spray (blanket if new house)
Rd 3 fert and summer spot weed spray
Rd 4 fert and spot spray
Rd 5 fert

Grub control is added only if requested or a problem is known.
Same with surface feeding.

All other services are add-on

***Target N is 4.0-4.5 lbs N, NO Phos, and Pot not target unless soil test calls for it

DLAWNS
01-10-2009, 10:38 AM
1 Dimension .10 w/ fertilizer
2 Dimension .15 w/ fertilizer
3 Talstar w/ fertilizer
4 Lime
5 Fall fertilizer
6 Winterizer fertilizer

2 weed sprays per year.

Victor
01-10-2009, 11:13 AM
My first round is all granular with Dimension
Second is granular + dimension + spot spray early or liquid + Dimension + broad leaf blanket late.
Third is granular + spot spray + insect control as needed.
Fourth is liquid + broad leaf blanket.
Fifth is granular + spot spray.
Sixth is granular.

We don't see much insect pressure here so I apply all at no charge as long as I can do it the same time as an app or it's sold as an add on service

Hey Mn. When does your 4th round normally go down? The reason I ask is this. I too do a 6 app program. I know from experience that when I put down round 4, it's too early to think about doing my blanket weed application (if I want to get anywhere near maximum efficacy). Experience has taught me that I get the best weed control from blanket apps that are performed after it's been nice and cold for a while. If I wait until things have been nice and cold for a while, I know that I'll get great translocation of the herbicides I spray on any weeds. As long as the foliage of the weeds hasn't shriveled up and turned brown, those weeds will have their mouths wide open. I don't actually do my blanket weed apps, until I put down my last round of the year (round 6). I spray a mix of melted urea (46-0-0) and Ester-based herbicide with great results the following year.

Ohio State really pushes this idea of spraying weeds this late. They're the ones who got me doing my blanket weed apps that way. Just something to consider. :waving:

jkranium
01-10-2009, 01:15 PM
1st rd Granular
2nd rd granular .10 Dimension & spot weeds or liquid dimension, fert & broadleaf
3rd Rd granular spot weeds or liquid fert with broadleaf
4th Rd broadleaf and grassy weed spray
5th granular and spot or liquid fert with broadleaf
6th granular and spot or liquid fert with broadleaf
7th granular fert

RigglePLC
01-10-2009, 03:15 PM
1 granular w Dimension
2 granular w spot spray
3liquid fert w blanket weed control
4 granular, spot spray
5 liquid fert w blanket weed control

mngrassguy
01-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Hey Mn. When does your 4th round normally go down? The reason I ask is this. I too do a 6 app program. I know from experience that when I put down round 4, it's too early to think about doing my blanket weed application (if I want to get anywhere near maximum efficacy). Experience has taught me that I get the best weed control from blanket apps that are performed after it's been nice and cold for a while. If I wait until things have been nice and cold for a while, I know that I'll get great translocation of the herbicides I spray on any weeds. As long as the foliage of the weeds hasn't shriveled up and turned brown, those weeds will have their mouths wide open. I don't actually do my blanket weed apps, until I put down my last round of the year (round 6). I spray a mix of melted urea (46-0-0) and Ester-based herbicide with great results the following year.

Ohio State really pushes this idea of spraying weeds this late. They're the ones who got me doing my blanket weed apps that way. Just something to consider. :waving:

Good question. I start rd 1 on my 4 visit customers 2-3 weeks after my 5-6's. I pull my 5-6's about 35 days apart while my 4's are pulled at 42-49 days. Many of my 5-6's never need a blanket treatment but my 4's almost always need at least one. Many of my 4's are getting their last app while my 5-6's are getting their 5th.

I agree on Ohio state reasoning but we start getting cool nights mid-august and see our first frost in Sept. Most weeds are GONE by October due to frost.

heritage
01-16-2009, 09:55 AM
1st app. Fert based on fall soil test. 1/2 lb N quick form. (Soils less that 2% Organic Matter get a "Bridge Product Fert")

2nd app. Fert and Barricade .43 .60 N 30% SRN.

3rd app. Fert and Mach II. .75 N 50% SRN/ 1%Fe. (Sod Webworm My Major Pest)

4th app Fert with higher K and Mn,Fe with the Broadleaf. 1 Lb N, 1/2 from 28-0-0 72% SRN.

5th app Fert with Fe. 1 Lb N from Urea.

As my program is changing/evolving, more bridge products will take the place of the 1st 3 apps in my program, as they become more refined.

At least that is my thought at this time.

Pete