PDA

View Full Version : Blowing off (ride on + back pack)?

rcreech
01-10-2009, 09:08 AM
This is related to my last post as to picking up possible HOA's...but was curious if anyone has tried to make a "ride on blower"? By this I mean somehow having an easy on/off mounting system for putting on back pack blower when blowing off large properties/parking lots/driveways?

I have several properties that have 1/2 mile driveways, commercial properties with miles of roads and tons of parking lots.

I do my best with my deflector but when doing a good job along the edges you still get fert on hard surfaces! Don't care how good you are!

Has anyone come up with an attachment for their ride on to "attach" their back pack blower to eliminate walking on these larger areas?

I have one property that takes me 2 hours to fert and spray (5 acres) and 45 minutes to blow off all sidewalks, driveways and the parking lot. Thats NUTS!

Anyone ever tried to mount a blower on a ride on?

Seeing the Billygoat units and all of the others made me think of just utilizing what we have and to mount my back pack to my ride on!!

If not, this will be my next project before spring!

What do you guys think, would this work (please be nice if you do not think so)? :laugh:

RigglePLC
01-10-2009, 09:53 AM
What! You don't have any duct tape? Good idea.
Carry it on your back. Or you could try--get rid of the bottle cage on the left side of the hopper and drill a few holes in the hopper and a few in the stainless steel frame below the hopper. Add a few screw eyes or u-bolts. Attach with zip ties, bungy cords or light chain. Did you plant to use your left hand to aim the air flow--or did you want to leave nozzles in a fixed position--or semi adjustable?
Or...how is this...mount a mannequin or maybe a wooden coat hanger on the left side. put the shoulder straps over the hanger.

DLAWNS
01-10-2009, 10:41 AM
This is related to my last post as to picking up possible HOA's...but was curious if anyone has tried to make a "ride on blower"? By this I mean somehow having an easy on/off mounting system for putting on back pack blower when blowing off large properties/parking lots/driveways?

I have several properties that have 1/2 mile driveways, commercial properties with miles of roads and tons of parking lots.

I do my best with my deflector but when doing a good job along the edges you still get fert on hard surfaces! Don't care how good you are!

Has anyone come up with an attachment for their ride on to "attach" their back pack blower to eliminate walking on these larger areas?

I have one property that takes me 2 hours to fert and spray (5 acres) and 45 minutes to blow off all sidewalks, driveways and the parking lot. Thats NUTS!

Seeing the Billygoat units and all of the others made me think of just utilizing what we have and to mount my back pack to my ride on!!

What do you guys think, would this work (please be nice if you do not think so)? :laugh:

I don't really have any good advice on this, but I would like to see what you wind up doing with it. You made me curious and good luck with it.:)

grassman177
01-10-2009, 10:53 AM
i know for large places when we mow, we use the stander and a backpack to ride those long drives and walks, works great, i am sure you can play with it but i say it is a good move to try

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
01-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I use my backpack while on my Z-Spray. I can easilt steer Z-Spray one handed while using my right hand to operate blower. Works great! (I don't know if you can easy operate a PG one handed?) We use that method for blowing off grass clipping when usung a stand on zero turn mower also.

ted putnam
01-10-2009, 11:17 AM
I use my backpack while on my Z-Spray. I can easilt steer Z-Spray one handed while using my right hand to operate blower. Works great! (I don't know if you can easy operate a PG one handed?) We use that method for blowing off grass clipping when usung a stand on zero turn mower also.

:laugh:Creech will figure it out...right Creech?

rcreech
01-10-2009, 11:19 AM
:laugh:Creech will figure it out...right Creech?

Ted! :laugh:

What's that supposed to mean!!! :laugh::laugh:

I bet it won't take you long either! :laugh:

Fert33
01-10-2009, 11:22 AM

Creech- About five years ago I attended the Turf Expo in Kentucky. There was a company there trying to push all these products for mowing. They had things to hang on enclosed trailers for weed eaters, blowers, and basic storage options for equipment. One of the things that they had was an upright ride on unit with a blower attached to it. It was pretty cool. I don't know if it ever took off, and I have not seen anything like it since. I can't remember the companies name. I will try to research this and get back to you. You have to see this thing.

ted putnam
01-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Ted! :laugh:

What's that supposed to mean!!! :laugh::laugh:

I bet it won't take you long either! :laugh:

I didn't mean anything by it :rolleyes: I just meant you're a smart guy and you're pretty good at figuring out what works best. :usflag:

Fert33
01-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Creech-It is called the ZT FIRE made by jungle Jim's. I can't seem to find any other information on it. It was featured at the 2003 expo.

grassman177
01-10-2009, 06:14 PM
it was really neat, i remember that thing. i dont think they ever took off. you kneeled downon it and your feet did the steering and you were hands free for use of backpack blower aready attached or a trimmer for hugh places. what a machine to have to haul!!. really cool, completely impractical

turfcobob
01-11-2009, 11:42 AM
RodOn the T3000 we hang it on the front of the console from the branch deflector. Drive with one hand and blow. I have also seen them do the same thing with a back pack sprayer with roundup. Or you can just wear it on your back drive with one hand an blow with the other.

philk17088
01-11-2009, 11:43 AM
What about a wheeled blower? You could take the handle off and rig a hitch bar and tow it.