PDA

View Full Version : Pro Landscape Ver.15

tthomass
01-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Saw it at the MANTS show in Baltimore this week. Anybody using it? Seems stupid simple in a good way. $1,400 regular price but $1,000 "show special". Its also got a 60day money back offer.

I don't care for the 3D photo rendering, just the CAD.

Summit L & D
01-10-2009, 01:59 PM
It a good program. I'd never used a CAD program of any kind, and have been able to get some very nice results. One thing that I recommended to the tech advisors, was to add the ability to use "hot keys"...much the same way that Photoshop simplifies tasks. Don't know if that was implemented yet.

There where also some bugs that I uncovered with the estimating side of the program. I am pretty sure they were addressed with this release. (The man problem was with trying to change a price for a specific size of plant in all databases. The program would crash, but again, I'm pretty sure this was addressed.)

tthomass
01-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks. I probably wouldn't use the pricing/estimating side of it. At least not in the beginning anyway but I'm just tired of all the hand drawing......takes up too much time and plus when people see CAD it sets your company on a higher level.

Bru75
01-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Summit L&D, how long did it take you to learn the cad? I bought a cad program last year that turned out to be so hard to learn that I gave up. Could be that it's just me. I would still like to find a good program.

Summit L & D
01-10-2009, 03:07 PM
They say that it'll take you about 40 hours to get comfortable with it. I'd say that's a fair statement. I'm not overtly gifted with computers, but I was able to turn out a decent design in about 10-20 hours with the program.

tthomass, the reasons you stated are the very reasons I went with the program. I feel that it is definitely worth the money. I have saved so many man hours designing with this program versus drawing by hand.

Bru75
01-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks, L&D. I've been looking for a while at several different programs. Hard to tell what is best for me.

LB1234
01-11-2009, 01:40 AM
Pro Landscape is a great program. Been using is for two years now, upgraded to 14 last year. If you are going to purchase definately try and take one of there training seminars. Its a few hundred bucks VERY well spent.

Dreams To Designs
01-11-2009, 10:54 AM
For design/build or design only, software is a necessity. Pro Landscape has created one of the easier to use, extremely dynamic and results that are very professional. It will take time to learn and understand the program, but it is more important you know and understand the basic concepts of good, sustainable design before spending money on any software. Definitely invest in classes for whichever software you choose. I have been using Pro Landscape for around 5 years or more and gained great insight, tips and tricks from attending their training program.

Thomas, what is your reasoning for being unsure about the 3D imaging? No imaging program will create something that looks exactly like you will install, but your clients will have a much better idea of what your design consists of when you are able to show them an image of their home with your design implemented. Imaging will help you sell work.

If you haven't seen it or investigated it yet,look into Horticopia. It is plant encyclopedia software. It can help you with your designs and it's a huge help with clients understanding what plants your are speaking about. I like to give my clients the ultimate say in what plants we will use for their landscape, and Horticopia allows me to create a customized portfolio for their property to choose from.

Kirk

GreenWings
02-26-2009, 10:20 PM
I am not that computer savy, but i do want something to set me a part from the competition. I was thinking Pro Landscape, but do not want to pay 1400. If I could get it for 1000 (show special) I probably would. Is there anything else out there, comparable to this?

Lawnworks
02-27-2009, 05:57 PM
I am not that computer savy, but i do want something to set me a part from the competition. I was thinking Pro Landscape, but do not want to pay 1400. If I could get it for 1000 (show special) I probably would. Is there anything else out there, comparable to this?

You can buy a used version for 1/4 the price. My customer's are probably not as sophistacated and wealthy as Thomas's, but they sure love the 3D design aspect. They see plants instead of circles. I have one customer that has spent about 60k with me and just wants to see a price and a 3d sketch.

AztlanLC
02-27-2009, 09:46 PM
We have Real Time Landscape Architect and I find it it does all I need at the moment for much less money.
Do a google search for IDEA spectrum

GreenWings
03-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Where can you find one of these used versions?