PDA

View Full Version : spring clean-ups already?

mdb landscaping
02-26-2002, 02:42 PM
over the last couple of days, ive noticed a few guys already doing spring cleanups on commercials. i dont service any commercials yet, but what is everybodys ideas on starting earlier this year, particularly in the northeast on cleanups? i usually start third or fourth week of april, but the way this winters been, i could start a lot earlier this year. whats everybody else planning on?

kutnkru
02-26-2002, 02:48 PM
We have some colder weather forecasted for the weekend possibly even some snowfall. I am planning on starting the second or third week of march weather permitting.

Unless we get some pretty heavy rains, it should be a quick start to the season and then an abrupt stop about June if we dont get some water. I have back up plans in place to pick up where the cutting leaves off if it happens as quick as it looks like. :(

The good news is that if we do get shut down early for cutting we should be able to make up for it with Renovation services starting late summer. This is also a prime reason for Monthly Agreements.

AL Inc
02-26-2002, 03:22 PM
Looks like an early start here. I'm planning on a least a few days next week for equipment prep, clean-ups and a few small odds and ends. I actually saw a crew cleaning up at a condo yesterday. I think we still may see some nasty weather in march, though. Good luck, guys. Mike

John Gamba
02-26-2002, 03:52 PM
I'm Going Nut's:o :o :o

Bob Minney
02-26-2002, 05:00 PM
If the weather is good I do all the I can in Feb. We close for Dec. and Jan. so I'm doing things I got snowed out of last Nov.

thelawnguy
02-26-2002, 05:14 PM
Start cleanups now and the lawns will look like crap again in a couple weeks once stuff starts blowing around again, and still 8 weeks before the first cut. Plus the ground here in CT is still too soft esp with nothing sprouting yet to hold the soil down...

I will start certain lawns maybe around March 20 or so.

stslawncare
02-26-2002, 08:27 PM
i did a spring cleanup two weeks ago, mowed a lawn last week also. i have put all winter equip away, and got the warm weather equip out. im all ready

Jusmowin
02-26-2002, 09:16 PM
I finished up my third one so far for the season today, and was a nice day to do it 71 degrees and sunny.

Toad
02-26-2002, 10:01 PM
I can't seem to stop thinking about getting on the lawns, must be in the blood. I'm still driving fuel truck up here in southern NY. I still need to get a new motor for my scag, and trade that piece of &%$@ cub cadet that I bought last year. Any one have a cv22 kohler engine kickin around. :eek:

AGG Lawn Maintenance
02-27-2002, 05:12 PM
I'm doing alot of estimating now. I have also been talking with my reg. customers about seeding, sod and clean ups. I see a couple of guys out in late Feb early March every year. Most guys are up and running mid March - Mid April. We start to get really busy in April. We peek (highest amount of business) in April, July and Yes December. In April its last minute clean ups, some mowing and seeding. In July everyone seems to want their bushes trimmed. And in December we wrap up are Final Fall clean ups. Everyone seems to try to beat the city pick up dead lines in December. The money is great but I pull out my hair trying to fit people in. After all theres only so much daylight in the fall.
Travis :eek:

kerr lawn
02-27-2002, 05:28 PM
i have been filling in sick holes, ripping out bushes to redo landscapes, cutting trees down, estimating, getting equiment ready, and whatever i can do to keep myself seem busy.

There are a few landscaping companies up my way that bring in the money like it is water that i have seen edging, blowing leaves, mulching, sprucing their commericial properties up, and making sure the pansies and ornmental grasses look alright.

i want warm weather to come with some rain to make the grass grow.
peace
bryan