PDA

View Full Version : New website!

lgyardservices
01-10-2009, 07:11 PM
hey everybody check out my new website that I have been designing the last couple days. I still have a lot to do obviously but let me know what you think of the start. It's only $10 a month for everything so it seems pretty good for me. I am definitely open for constructive criticism! :)

www.lgyardservices.com

cgll1135
01-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Looks great!!! How much did intuit help you? What did you have to provide them? The reason I'm asking is I just bought Quikbooks 2009 and was thinking on using them.

Big C
01-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Sharp....I like it

DLAWNS
01-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Looks good, let us know when it's all finished up.

lgyardservices
01-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Looks great!!! How much did intuit help you? What did you have to provide them? The reason I'm asking is I just bought Quikbooks 2009 and was thinking on using them.

Intuit actually didnt help me at all. You just choose a template, my originated from a campground's website template, and then you just customize it. I completely redid it and made it look way different. But it's super easy! I know nothing about html but designing it was simple

SOONERS222
01-10-2009, 08:19 PM
nice house

Green Finger
01-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Nice site. looks good. Make sure you use pictures of your OWN work. I'm sure once it gets up going to be real nice.

If you designed your site i'll contact you because I can sure use ya. Nice work

lifetree
01-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Nice site. looks good. Make sure you use pictures of your OWN work. ...

That's what I was wondering ... if the pictures that he's represent his own work ??

dishboy
01-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Looks attractive. but this is my thinking..... loose the narrative about what a treasured customer they will be , how you are going to a get a great job kiss their ass . Words are cheap and old folks can't read small text. I would just put points of service or stong selling points in large text & short sentences well spaced. that they can click on or link to get that service.
Also put your name and city, and key words in the header not in a image so when they do a search and you come up.

Is that your picture with the stirpes your work and if it is what did you use, it looks good!.

Team-Green L&L
01-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Not to be a critic, but when I first looked at the site my eyes got a tad out of perspective and I could've sworn it reminded me of a stretched photo. Is that house photo stretched to a wider format than the original image?

Hamons
01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Not to be a critic, but when I first looked at the site my eyes got a tad out of perspective and I could've sworn it reminded me of a stretched photo. Is that house photo stretched to a wider format than the original image?

You think?

lgyardservices
01-11-2009, 05:20 PM
haha ok guys. The picture of the house obviously not permanent. I just had to stick something up there for the time being before I get all the photos of MY work uploaded. I have two photos on their total that aren't my work that I found on the internet. This spring im gonna take a sh^%load of pics for the website. Do you guys think the color on everything is ok? Because ever time i look at it I get the idea that some of the text may be hard to read.