PDA

View Full Version : How to get high sheen on stained concrete?

EagleLandscape
01-11-2009, 02:45 PM
The interior floors of my home are all stained concrete. How can I get a higher sheen on the floors?

I was mopping my foyer a second ago, and noticed how much better it looked compared to the normal dull appearance it always has.

Do I need to seal it again, or can this be done with a wax?

You can see the contrast from the just mopped foyer, with the unmopped (dull) dining room.)

any ideas?

Lite4
01-11-2009, 04:13 PM
I am by for no expert, but couldn't you seal the concrete to get the desired sheen? I know this is done on countertops.

EagleLandscape
01-11-2009, 04:18 PM
it was sealed by the company that stained them for me. but i guess they used the lower sheen level or something...

ive seen church floors and office building floors that look super shiny. even home depot and lowes are shiny.

fool32696
01-11-2009, 07:31 PM
My cousin in Houston owns a company that produces concrete overlay products. His website is PerformanceOverlay.com. You can call their office at (281) 441-1095. They should be able to help you out.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
it was sealed by the company that stained them for me. but i guess they used the lower sheen level or something...

Call your company and have them reseal it with a higher rated acrylic base or whatever the sealer base is to give you a higher sheen. A lot of the big store floors are cleaned and buffed to keep the shine.

EagleLandscape
01-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Sealing means moving everything out of the house for 2-3 days.

dont have time to do that. Can I do it with a wax myself?