PDA

View Full Version : And they say i'm high priced!!!

STRINGALATION
01-12-2009, 01:16 AM
WELL short and sweet of it. bid on a job and was told i was way over the competition. I went by there about 7months later which was a few days ago and this is what i saw

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd159/STRINGALATION/pic010109_3.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd159/STRINGALATION/pic010109_1.jpg

I just laugh and say oh well i want $110 a yard delivered, installed and usually cut out. this place i cgarge to edge because its commercial and you have a mess from being cheap the front beds have so many weeds in some places you could not just remove the mulch.

sgallaher
01-12-2009, 03:48 AM
Oh well. People get what they pay for. You should go back and give them quote for fixing the landscape and then one for doing it the right way! :hammerhead:

jeffmoore
01-12-2009, 05:43 AM
OMG are they still in buisness?

QualityLawnCare4u
01-12-2009, 07:12 AM
I would be ashamed to say I did a job like this!

EagleLandscape
01-12-2009, 07:59 AM
dont bash my work

Tyler7692
01-12-2009, 10:58 AM
What's wrong with it? They used a great weed barrier! Looks terrific if you ask me.

Uranus
01-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Weed blocker and mulch all in one step.

Well, at least they didn't have plastic bags blowing all over the neighborhood while they were mulching.

Isobel
01-12-2009, 03:19 PM
that's hilarious.

was the competition the 50 guys waiting outside the home depot in the morning?

paradise32258
01-12-2009, 05:52 PM
lol thats how they roll in florida too. i ve seen it here people wanna go with the cheapest guy, no ins,no workers comp nada.. cheap asses.

Lucky Star Lawn Care
01-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Beautiful masterpiece! :laugh:

capetrees
01-12-2009, 09:41 PM
you get what you pay for

Panhead
01-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Looks good!

JimLewis
01-20-2009, 04:25 PM
You know what I would do? I would go back under the pretense of looking for a tool I left there or something. I'd just show up and say, "Oh. Hi. I don't know if you remember me or not. I came by a few weeks back to give you a bid. I'm not here about the bid. I can tell you already got someone to....um....handle it. But I think I may have left my measuring wheel here that day. I haven't seen it since. Did you find anything like that?"

I'd do it just to see if they brought up the landscape job. They may just be just totally embarrassed and say, "Sorry. No. Haven't seen anything. Have a nice day." But then on the other hand, they may say, "No. I haven't seen it. But I am glad you stopped by. As you can see, we obviously made the wrong choice. Is there anything you could do to make this look better for us?"

Anyway, those pics are hilarious! What a bunch of jokers.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
You know what I would do? I would go back under the pretense of looking for a tool I left there or something. I'd just show up and say, "Oh. Hi. I don't know if you remember me or not. I came by a few weeks back to give you a bid. I'm not here about the bid. I can tell you already got someone to....um....handle it. But I think I may have left my measuring wheel here that day. I haven't seen it since. Did you find anything like that?"

I'd do it just to see if they brought up the landscape job. They may just be just totally embarrassed and say, "Sorry. No. Haven't seen anything. Have a nice day." But then on the other hand, they may say, "No. I haven't seen it. But I am glad you stopped by. As you can see, we obviously made the wrong choice. Is there anything you could do to make this look better for us?"

Anyway, those pics are hilarious! What a bunch of jokers.

That's the best piece of advise I've heard in a long time, great strategy, I've done something similar to this and it worked perfectly! Give it a try!

paradise32258
01-20-2009, 06:32 PM
wow , that does sound good . give it a shot you never know what can happen

STRINGALATION
02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
well went by there and they are shutting down so ADIOS for them

JimLewis
02-02-2009, 05:54 PM
What??? Shutting down???? With curb appeal like that? Go figure......

That's just WEIRD.

JimmyStew
02-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Contractor was probably worried he might not get paid for the job. This way if he gets stiffed, he can just go back and bag up the mulch again and move it to the next job. You criticize his work but really it was just planning ahead!

STRINGALATION
02-03-2009, 10:18 AM
WHAT also cought my attention was that some of the bags are the $2.57 and some the scotts $4.80 totally different colors. the scotts color pops the other only pops when wet

grassman177
02-04-2009, 02:43 PM
wow, dont think even a homeowner would do it that bad. i am speechless almost

STRINGALATION
02-10-2009, 11:10 AM
that has been a trend here a company expands or does a major renovation and then it is for sell. so i can assume they knew the sell was coming and they where just staging the property. like you stage a house for sell

4.3mudder
02-10-2009, 11:16 AM
So, you are saying it has been like this for 7 months??? Jee whiz!!

STRINGALATION
02-10-2009, 12:55 PM
not sure when it all got exposed. but i'm sure it was buried but it looked to have washed away none of it was cut out and some spots are so thin. and alot of mulch was in the alley behind. so a wash out ismy geuess. it was probably cute for a couple of months then a good rain . and some good wind and bye bye mulch

cmlandscapeconstruction
03-04-2009, 12:06 PM
companies that do work like this are the biggest benefit to companies that do good work ,show a customer a picture like this and explain thats what they could get by going with the low baller, usually they have no problem paying my higher prices.
lesson: use others horribly unacceptable work to sell your more expensive properly done work( a picture is worth a thousand words)

kaferhaus
03-10-2009, 09:01 PM
companies that do work like this are the biggest benefit to companies that do good work ,show a customer a picture like this and explain thats what they could get by going with the low baller, usually they have no problem paying my higher prices.
lesson: use others horribly unacceptable work to sell your more expensive properly done work( a picture is worth a thousand words)

We do this regularly, and If I know who did the work I upload the picture and superimpose their name on it and then print it for my "prospecting catalog".

I never tell a customer that I will be the lowest bid. I tell them that I will have the "best" bid. And I always let them flip through the album.

Sweet Tater
03-17-2009, 06:27 PM
WELL short and sweet of it. bid on a job and was told i was way over the competition. I went by there about 7months later which was a few days ago and this is what i saw

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd159/STRINGALATION/pic010109_3.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd159/STRINGALATION/pic010109_1.jpg

I just laugh and say oh well i want $110 a yard delivered, installed and usually cut out. this place i cgarge to edge because its commercial and you have a mess from being cheap the front beds have so many weeds in some places you could not just remove the mulch.

OMG are those the bads the mulch came in :confused: ;)
I dont even know what to say to that, I am in shock :dizzy:

scagmower
03-21-2009, 09:43 PM
wow thats all i can say