PDA

View Full Version : Cold Air

sprayboy
01-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Some of the coldest air in quite some time is heading down across this great country, even going to affect the deep south with very low temp's. While some chemicals and non-winterized spraying equipment will usually be fine in unheated buildings, will anybody be taking extra precautions for this serious cold blast?

Ric
01-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Sprayboy

That cold air is coming the Florida also. We are predicting night time lows in the 40's. That is Long John weather for our thin blood.

SpreadNSpray
01-12-2009, 10:09 AM
The violin is playin for you southern boys. It's going to be real cold up here in the deep freeze. -19F by Thursday. With wind chills below -30F. 9F and snowing right now.

Ric
01-12-2009, 10:37 AM
The violin is playin for you southern boys. It's going to be real cold up here in the deep freeze. -19F by Thursday. With wind chills below -30F. 9F and snowing right now.

Spread N Spray

Please post some pictures of that Beautiful snow. We here in the south have never seen real live snow. I have heard it can be very dry and power like this time of year.

sprayboy
01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Spread N Spray

Please post some pictures of that Beautiful snow. We here in the south have never seen real live snow. I have heard it can be very dry and power like this time of year.

Will the pics mentally prepare you to get ready for the cold while digging out the long johns?

Ric
01-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Will the pics mentally prepare you to get ready for the cold while digging out the long johns?

Sprayboy

The problem here is the day time temperature is back up into the 70's. Stripping off the Long Johns in the middle of the working day can be a PITA. But remember our blood gets very used to our temperatures. We are wearing heavy winter clothes while the tourist are running around in bathing suits.

SpreadNSpray
01-12-2009, 12:51 PM
lets see how the camera phone does.

SpreadNSpray
01-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Looks like fun A?
Now I have to go plow this white stuff. By the way -19F -30F....
The F doesn't stand for Fahrenheit.

KACYDS
01-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Looks like fun A?
Now I have to go plow this white stuff. By the way -19F -30F....
The F doesn't stand for Fahrenheit.

Must stand for Fun...................:laugh:

handymanlawncare
01-12-2009, 01:58 PM
It is about 55 degrees here and I have a thick coat on.

SpreadNSpray
01-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Sprayboy

The problem here is the day time temperature is back up into the 70's. Stripping off the Long Johns in the middle of the working day can be a PITA. But remember our blood gets very used to our temperatures. We are wearing heavy winter clothes while the tourist are running around in bathing suits.

Ric, we need some pics of the tourist down there with you locals in your parkas. That will help take my mind off -30F.

Yes sir F stands for Fun!

Ric
01-12-2009, 02:09 PM

Spread N Spray

I don't see any Palm Trees or Green????? What! you guys don't have plants at the north pole?? Where are the Reindeer?:):)

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-12-2009, 04:49 PM

these pics look about right. Over the next few days, highs below 0F around these parts. And, I'll bet he means the F stands for 'oh FART its cold:)'

SpreadNSpray
01-15-2009, 01:02 AM
Spread N Spray

I don't see any Palm Trees or Green????? What! you guys don't have plants at the north pole?? Where are the Reindeer?:):)

Ok, Its getting cold....low of -23F & a wind chill of -41F The Reindeer all left. They went North to warmer ground :confused: with the rest of the Caribou in Canada. Hey, there is some green under that white stuff. The palms are all dead, but the KBG is ready to go!

Ric
01-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Ok, Its getting cold....low of -23F & a wind chill of -41F The Reindeer all left. They went North to warmer ground :confused: with the rest of the Caribou in Canada. Hey, there is some green under that white stuff. The palms are all dead, but the KBG is ready to go!

Spread N Spray

OK I will admit January is our coldest month and this last cold blast is expected to stay for a while. I woke up to 49 degrees and we might even have a freeze in the next few days. A Frost watch was issued for just north of me last night. It has been about 5 years since our last freeze. So we are just not used to that kind of weather.

sprayboy
01-15-2009, 08:22 AM

I thought we was cold at -5F with -20 wind chill. Can you tell much difference at this point? Who cares, I ain't staying out in it. Not a good day to stick the tongue on the old flag pole is it.

Ric,

How far south are you?

Ric
01-15-2009, 08:50 AM
I thought we was cold at -5F with -20 wind chill. Can you tell much difference at this point? Who cares, I ain't staying out in it. Not a good day to stick the tongue on the old flag pole is it.

Ric,

How far south are you?

Zone 10 but Not far enough South this time of year.

Grandview
01-15-2009, 09:00 AM
I put RV anti freeze and wind shield washer fluid in my sprayers. That takes it to -25. The wind shield washer fluid is the good stuff for extra cold weather. -13 here this morning without the wind. Heard this has been the longest cold streak since 1996.

KACYDS
01-15-2009, 01:49 PM
What happen to global warming?

KACYDS
01-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Suppose to get in the upper 20's tonight, in New Orleans.

Grandview
01-15-2009, 02:13 PM
What happen to global warming?
I keep waiting for people to come to their senses. Global warming is like the "Emperor Has NO Clothes" story. Someone is finally going to say "Its Cold".
Someone is giving a talk titled "Is Wisconsin The Next Missouri-The Affects of Climate Change" at some tree seminar. If things keep going we will be the next Alberta.

Kiril
01-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Record highs in my area.

ted putnam
01-15-2009, 02:30 PM
You're the exception...90% of the rest of the country is going to have record lows tonight.

KACYDS
01-15-2009, 02:36 PM
You're the exception...90% of the rest of the country is going to have record lows tonight.

Got to go out and put all my wifes potted plants in the garage. Just finished pulling the last of the oranges from our trees. Nothing like fresh squeezed orange juice,

esp. with vodka.............lol:laugh::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

Grandview
01-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Record highs in my area.

So what city are you in or near that we can verify that statement.

ted putnam
01-15-2009, 04:05 PM
QUOTE=Grandview;2700211]So what city are you in or near that we can verify that statement.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: