PDA

View Full Version : I need a new trailer setup. What do you guys have?

TGramstorff
01-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Hey everyone. I need to figure out what size trailer I am going to need. Here's what I will be carrying:
36" Walk behind
(2) 48" Walkers
Push blower
Push Mower

Now I am trying to keep the trailer small if I can, say 16'. I was thinking If I take the 36, turn it sideways in the front. Tuck the push mower under the handlebars (turnd sideways), and the push blower behind it. Then I was thinking of driving one walker in on the left side. and backing the last one in on the right so the 2 boxes tuck in to each other. The problem is I think the deck sticks out too far for them to tuck together on the avg trailer that is say 6'4 or 6'6 wide. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If you have pix that would be great! thx!

Twitchy
01-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Hey everyone. I need to figure out what size trailer I am going to need. Here's what I will be carrying:
36" Walk behind
(2) 48" Walkers
Push blower
Push Mower

Now I am trying to keep the trailer small if I can, say 16'. I was thinking If I take the 36, turn it sideways in the front. Tuck the push mower under the handlebars (turnd sideways), and the push blower behind it. Then I was thinking of driving one walker in on the left side. and backing the last one in on the right so the 2 boxes tuck in to each other. The problem is I think the deck sticks out too far for them to tuck together on the avg trailer that is say 6'4 or 6'6 wide. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If you have pix that would be great! thx!
What type of truck are you going to pull the new trailer with?

Uranus
01-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I cant help you out with a good way to set that up cuz i've never driven a walker, but to me that sounds really tight. Redmax man might be able to help you out.

TGramstorff
01-12-2009, 12:03 PM
towing is not a problem I have an f-350 diesel

genesis215
01-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I think the Walkers are about 8 ft. long with the deck down, if not a little more. Does the deck flip up vertically for storage? If so then you might be able to get away with a 16'. If not, you already have 16 ft. used up. So your bare minimum size for a trailer will be a 7x20 even with turning the 36" on it's side. So if you go with a 16' you won't be able to take the 36", unless you get an 8' wide trailer, or a 32" to replace your 36". I think they do make those, but probably only in an enclosed model. So I guess it's an issue of taking everything with you and needing a 20' trailer, or not taking everything with you, and having a 16'. I would recommend the 20' no matter what, because you will run out of room with a 16' very fast. Your trailer can never be too big, only too small. Just lay out all of your equipment in formation on the ground, and measure how much room it takes up. That's the only surefire way to find out how much room you need on a trailer.

1995 Ford E350 Club Wagon - 7.3L Powerstroke Turbo Diesel V8 (210 HP), Auto (19 mpg)
2008 5'x13' Open Trailer w. Jack & 3' Gate
52" Exmark Turf Tracer HP - 17HP Kawasaki KAI
48" Great Dane Scamper HG - 15HP Kawasaki KAI
21" Troy-Bilt 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Mower - 5.5HP Honda
21" Troy-Bilt 3-in-1 Push Mower - 5.5HP Honda
21" Yard Machines 2-in-1 Push Mower - 4.5HP Briggs & Stratton Sprint
22" Craftsman Hi-Wheel Trimmer - 6.5HP Tecumseh
22" Murray Hi-Wheel Trimmer - 6.0HP Briggs & Stratton Quantum
Husqvarna 600CRT Rear-Tine Tiller - 6.0HP Briggs & Stratton Intek
RedMax TR2300S String Trimmer
Shindaiwa LE260 Edger
Shindaiwa EB630 Backpack Blower

JerseyGreen
01-12-2009, 04:06 PM
I have a 6x16 trailer and I can fit my 36 walkbehind and two walkers it, I put the 36 in the front on the psssenger side( not sideways), then i back up the walker right next to it, then put the deck up, and then back up the next walker right up to it. I can fit all that and still have room for a push blower and a push mower.

TGramstorff
01-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I did think of doing that, I'm not sure I really like the idea of having the deck up on the mower, kind of a pain the a** to put up and down at every lawn. Do you have a pic of your setup?

ajordan193
01-17-2009, 09:09 PM
I have a 6x16 trailer and I can fit my 36 walkbehind and two walkers it, I put the 36 in the front on the psssenger side( not sideways), then i back up the walker right next to it, then put the deck up, and then back up the next walker right up to it. I can fit all that and still have room for a push blower and a push mower.

Also interested in any pictures of your set-up, looking to run a similar set-up in the spring

olde_blue
01-18-2009, 10:03 AM
I can't fit a 21" push mower under the handlebar of my 36" walkbehind turned sideways on a 6-4" wide trailer. The lower part of the walkbehind (36" ones are longer than 48" or even most 52" walkbehinds because of the offset caster) is almost 5' long, leaving less than 18" behind it.

If one of the walker decks is 52" or smaller, you could probably put a push mower next to it to it (53" + 22" = 6'-3").

South Florida Lawns
01-18-2009, 03:55 PM
I say go with an 8x18 enclosed or a 7x18 open. Sounds like you could get away with a smaller and more narrow trailer, but think about it cramming all that equipment up tightly turning mowers sideways each time you use it would get old. I would just get a tad bit bigger trailer and be able to park your stuff easily.

pclawncare
01-18-2009, 07:10 PM
2 walkers MT's with 48" decks will fit on a 16' trailer sevral different ways one pull one in to one side back the other in right beside it will work on a 83" wide trailer or 2 walkers n a row will also work even with the decks down. I can fit 2 walker MT's and 61" midmount grasshopper and one 21" mower on my 16' trailer

DLAWNS
01-18-2009, 07:35 PM
I say go with an 8x18 enclosed or a 7x18 open. Sounds like you could get away with a smaller and more narrow trailer, but think about it cramming all that equipment up tightly turning mowers sideways each time you use it would get old. I would just get a tad bit bigger trailer and be able to park your stuff easily.

I agree with this.

JerseyGreen
01-18-2009, 09:34 PM
I'll try to get you a picture of my setup, might not be the best way but it works for me.

J.A.G LAWNCARE
01-19-2009, 04:24 PM
get a tape measure mark your driveway and see .........................

South Florida Lawns
01-20-2009, 06:36 PM
get a tape measure mark your driveway and see .........................

Yeah line you stuff up how you picture it on a trailer then use a chalk line and box your stuff off. When your done measure the dimensions and that gives you an idea of the size of trailer that you need.