PDA

View Full Version : Confront Herbicide

mcambrose
01-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Anyone still using Confront. I have used it in past for violet control very effectively. I searched and it looks like it is still being sold. I have quit commercial application and I have a couple of gallon jugs left.

ffemtmcd
01-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Still using what I have left - much to state guys dismay. Should use it up this year though - then I'll havta figure out what I want to use. Suggestions???

grassman177
01-12-2009, 10:11 PM
yeah, i have very little left and i am keeping it for my home lawn!!! i get some real crazy wild violet attacks sometimes, especially last year. although i have found that Q4 smokes them, must be the Quinclorac in it, maybe the sufentrazone, but dooubt it. it doe3s work though. try that info and look for items withthe Q in it or stand alone.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
01-13-2009, 10:36 AM
A great alternative is UAP's Chaser ester, or Chaser amine. Both have Triclopyr & 2,4-d. Confront consists of Triclopyr & Clopyralid(sp?) The wild Violet killer is the Triclopyr-So Chaser works great!

RigglePLC
01-13-2009, 05:31 PM
I use Eliminate for weeds. It contains triclopyr--I still have violets. I think the clorpyrilid is the most important ingredient. No longer registered for home lawns. It persists in the clippings. But Quinclorac or Drive is very effective for violets. Also in q-4, of course.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
01-14-2009, 09:43 AM
I use Eliminate for weeds. It contains triclopyr--I still have violets. I think the clorpyrilid is the most important ingredient. No longer registered for home lawns. It persists in the clippings. But Quinclorac or Drive is very effective for violets. Also in q-4, of course.

Clopyralid has GREAT results with clover & thistle. There has been much research done on this in recent years. Purdue did a multi year extensive study on timing & use of different herbicides in controlling violets & ground ivy. Triclopyr was the best performing. The ester formulation of Triclopyr definetely works best. Carfentrazone did OK at times as well. If you hit the violets at the right time & with Triclopyr AND the right spreader/penetrant (like LI700-NOT dish soap, or Lesco spreader sticker) you'll have great results, otherwise you may as well piss on them-it'll have the same effect:laugh: