PDA

View Full Version : What do you clean your Aluminium Enclosed Trailers with?

TimTim2008
01-12-2009, 07:29 PM
http://www.murphyauctions.net/images/kenmore06may/244.jpg
(Picture not my trailer)

What do you guys use to clean your Aluminium Enclosed Trailers??

I can't never seem to get some of that black streak marks off my trailers.

I've tried all the autozone & walmart cleaners and degreesers, but nothing seems to work..

i may just paint the damn thing. lol

Petr51488
01-12-2009, 08:30 PM
That thing is hideous. It will take alot to get it clean looking like that. I use regular car wash soap and washed it about every other week since new.

Az Gardener
01-12-2009, 08:43 PM
I can't remember the name of the stuff but if you go to a RV repair/ supply place they will have the something. It is like a paste/wax you put on and buff off, it will make a huge difference. That is why I always recommend to guys that get new trailer the first thing they should do is get a good coat of wax on them.

Petr51488
01-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I can't remember the name of the stuff but if you go to a RV repair/ supply place they will have the something. It is like a paste/wax you put on and buff off, it will make a huge difference. That is why I always recommend to guys that get new trailer the first thing they should do is get a good coat of wax on them.

If you find out the name of this... let me know.

CrystalCreek
01-12-2009, 11:29 PM
There is a product that was called Majic black Streak Remover. It was a hugh waste of money. I may have just put dirty waste water on it. That is why I painted the trailer red with a good coat of clear. Than two good coats of wax. Havent seen any black streaks in a year.

Marek
01-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Mothers aluminum polish its in a round thing , they are small and expensive but it works the best from our experiance. Each trailer gets a polish and wax once per year. Make sure you have lots of clean rags.

South Florida Lawns
01-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Just use soft scrub, the kind with bleach in it. Cleans all the grime and stains right out.

Marek
01-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Wont the soft scrub scratch the finish ?

JosephLawnCare
01-13-2009, 11:34 AM
wouldn't a flitz ball work on that?

Az Gardener
01-13-2009, 07:24 PM
If you find out the name of this... let me know.

Here is the stuff Met All

/www.skygeek.com/tc20.html

One of my foremen was cleaning his trailer today and I broke the stuff out. He called me later and said that stuff works great! 1/2 gallon of it and 2-3 guys we could get this trailer done in 3-4 hours ;) I am pretty sure he was exaggerating, seems to me the last guy did the whole thing in 4-5 Man hours and used 1.5 small cans.

My trailer is a 8.5' wide by 16' long

South Florida Lawns
01-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Wont the soft scrub scratch the finish ?

not if your careful and use enough water. It works super fast too on black streaks and water marks.

Gravel Rat
01-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Have the trailer blasted with plastic media take all the cheap white paint off etch it with etching primer and have it repainted with endura or a hard enamel marine based paint.