PDA

View Full Version : Customer Billing

harperservices
02-26-2002, 09:00 PM
:blob3: Last year was o.k. for business but when collecting from my residential acct. I received..."it's under the matt" but when I arrived to the clients home..."ooo I must have forgot to put it under the matt could you come back tomorrow?" This would last about one week before I received a check or cash. Or they needed to have their grass cut ASAP but did not pay ASAP when the job was complete.

How should I handle residential billing this year?

I am thinking about trying some sort of monthly contract and have my clients send in a check by the 5th of every month before cutting their lawn...

LoneStarLawn
02-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Try sending them a bill.

GLM
02-26-2002, 10:16 PM
Monthly billing is the only way to go I also send them a self addressed stamped return envelope to help get the money to me as quick as posible, and more people have commented on this envelope than you would believe. Customer service is were its at.

LawnLad
02-27-2002, 04:36 PM
At the very least provide them with a bill - monthly perhaps. You can mail it or drop it off at your next visit. Give them at the very least, a self addressed envelope and tell them you expect it by xx date. Give them a stamp too if you want that little extra customer service. It'll cut down on your time of having to go back to get your money when they're not home or when they forget to put it out for you.