PDA

View Full Version : BP blowers where to mount on enclosed?

South Florida Lawns
01-13-2009, 12:54 AM
I can't decide if I want to mount my BP blowers on the wall at the back left towards the ramp or on a shelf in the front of the trailer. I'm worried that the blowers will be a quick grab if I'm mowing and the ramp is down. (I don't want to keep opening and closing the ramp a bunch on each stop either) right now they sit all the way up front, but I'm going to build a big shelf so they could go up there as well and I can grab em through the side door. This is driving me nuts because wall mount is a more convenient location and faster but means the ramp is open longer. Up front is more hidden but its not as easy as jumping off the mower and grabbing it all right there. I'm just trying to maximize efficiency in my setup and a ton of thought has gone into my trailer so far. I guess I'm thinking about it way too much and need a second opinion. I'll get a pic of stuff tomorrow.

Tadams
01-14-2009, 12:05 AM
I don't have an enclosed trailer but we do run out of an NPR box truck so it's kinda the same. We put the blowers on the wall at the back on the left side of the box, right at the ramp. The one closest to the ramp is on the bottom- about chest high. The other one is about head high and a little forward of the other one. They are not right above each other- this lets you put them a little closer together to make it easier to crank. The trimmers are on the right side of the box at the back by the ramp. This makes it very convenient for us. I've got an old thread on here- when I first got the box- with some pics but the inside has changed a lot since then. I can take a pic so you can see what I'm talking about tommorrow.

All-Pro LawnCare
01-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Mine are towards the back on the RH side up high so the mowers won't hit them. We almost always have the ramp down anyway. How many times do you stop at a customers place only to blow.

Az Gardener
01-14-2009, 09:46 PM
We have a shelf that divides the front from the back of the trailer. The walk behinds bump the front wall of the shelf and the shelf itself goes over the top of the deck/engine of the mowers, its about 26" deep front to back and the whole width of the trailer. We put two back packs and a hand held and can strap them down from the wall to the shelf and still have plenty of room for other stuff like burlap's, catchers, tool box's hedgers etc. We keep all the small stuff up front and all the mowing equipment in the back.

paradise32258
01-16-2009, 04:45 PM
we keep ours in the left rear corner 2 mounted side by side about 2 ft or so apart

Petr51488
01-16-2009, 05:24 PM
I don't know if you've seen mine, but i have mine up on a shelf in the front. I hate the wall racks (never had one) because all the blowers that i've seen on them look banged up and abused. I like my stuff looking neat and new, while still being heavily used. I have one sitting sitting slightly higher then the other, but only have two in the trailer during the fall.