PDA

View Full Version : Pg hand can

VARMIT COMMISSION
01-13-2009, 05:44 AM
Where did you guys mount your squeeze bottle on your PG magnum? The only place I can figure is in the hopper. But fert. dust will cake on the tip.

Real Green
01-13-2009, 09:56 AM
The pg ultra came with the two metal pieces installed to hold it. I thought the magnum did too. After looking at pictures, it doesn't. Your best bet is to head over to JDL and let them know that you would like these and I am sure they can order it for you. You can also try Permagreen or before you do that, maybe hit up SpreadandSpray on the board, he's got a ton of nifty ideas and gadgets and may have something I haven't mentioned. Take care!

RigglePLC
01-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Just copy the old Ultra design. Drill a couple holes in the hopper and hang it on the left. Myself I enlarged the bottle holster up to about 4 inches diameter. And I use a one-quart pump-up hand sprayer in it. Works nice. Inexpensive. I can reach it and shoot weeds while driving if I want. An example:
http://www.hdhudson.com/catalog.html#Weed'n

DUSTYCEDAR
01-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Just cut a piece of pvc pipe to shove it in.

LushGreenLawn
01-13-2009, 12:36 PM
The pg ultra came with the two metal pieces installed to hold it. I thought the magnum did too. After looking at pictures, it doesn't. Your best bet is to head over to JDL and let them know that you would like these and I am sure they can order it for you. You can also try Permagreen or before you do that, maybe hit up SpreadandSpray on the board, he's got a ton of nifty ideas and gadgets and may have something I haven't mentioned. Take care!

Hey, that Ultra looks familiar!

SpreadNSpray
01-13-2009, 04:45 PM

Real Green, You must be psychic. I have dual hand cans!:laugh:
I ordered one pair of brackets and an extra hand can from Permagreen. One pair will hold two hand cans on the Magnum. I'll post some pics.

SpreadNSpray
01-13-2009, 05:20 PM
dual hand cans

Real Green
01-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Real Green, You must be psychic. I have dual hand cans!:laugh:
I ordered one pair of brackets and an extra hand can from Permagreen. One pair will hold two hand cans on the Magnum. I'll post some pics.

I knew my main man would have something going on! You always do! It looks great. Take care.

ant
01-13-2009, 07:45 PM

Real Green: dude... major plywood job in your shop..:cool2::waving:

topdog
01-13-2009, 08:10 PM
what's the idea with the squeeze bottles? spot spraying i am guessing?

RigglePLC
01-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Yup, spot spraying, Topdog. Spreadnspray has it together. Spot spraying when you are not doing a blanket ap, and for when a flip of the electric switch or squeeze of the spray handle on the Magnum doesn't seem right. Also, for those areas too near the flowers or the "heavy duty solution" for violets or poison ivy. The second bottle would be handy for Drive or Q-4 for crabgrass. I prefer to enlarge the holster for a pump-up one qt sprayer as above.

SpreadNSpray
01-14-2009, 03:37 PM
I prefer to enlarge the holster for a pump-up one qt sprayer as above.

That sounds slick, I may have to try that.