PDA

View Full Version : MultiLevelFall

MowingisMaddness
01-13-2009, 01:19 PM
We installed this one Fall of 2007. What do you guys think?

srl28
01-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Thats an odd place for a waterfall but it looks alright none the less. not crazy about the black mexican pebbles, too much of a contrast between shape size and color. Same with the little pea gravel that seems to be scattered around. Is there a leak on the left side? the rocks look aweful wet. Looks good though, neat design

Lite4
01-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Neat idea running it next to the walk like that. Very high impact for pedestrians. Must be a bugger trying to contain the splash that close to walkways though. Not real hot on the stacked ledgestone, larger single pieces (boulders) would maybe have shown a little better but thats just my opinion. Cool concept and implementation. Thanks for showing us.

Venturewest
01-14-2009, 07:28 PM
That is a pretty technical install. If you made that work without any leaks that is awesome. I really like water features mixed with other forms of hardscaping like that.

MowingisMaddness
01-14-2009, 09:44 PM
That is a pretty technical install. If you made that work without any leaks that is awesome. I really like water features mixed with other forms of hardscaping like that.

We did develop a leak over the winter, but we found a way to re-plumb that didn't compromise anything.

Two problems:
1) Customer expected pool quality water? She kept removing gravel to scrub algae off of it. I didn't really want her to chlorinate the water feature and never came up with a good solution.
2) Water feature was sold as PONDLESS, however after it was installed and running, the customer wanted a pool in the lowest area. This has caused low liner issues every since. We reworked it and got about 3 additional inches of water, but then the customer just wanted more water in the bottom still.

Thats an odd place for a waterfall but it looks alright none the less. not crazy about the black mexican pebbles, too much of a contrast between shape size and color. Same with the little pea gravel that seems to be scattered around. Is there a leak on the left side? the rocks look aweful wet. Looks good though, neat design

We didn't install the Mexican Beach pebbles, the customer did. I don't think they look bad...