PDA

View Full Version : warehouse space

mrkosar
01-13-2009, 06:04 PM
for those that lease warehouse space what kind of price are you paying per month? does it include an office area or just storage space. i've seen some of the franchises that use loading dock type warehouse space for storage and was interested. does anyone have information, suggestions, pros/cons, etc. on this?

mattfromNY
01-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Another question to add, if you dont mind:
For those of you that store large amounts of fert., do you have to have a 'bulk storage' permit, or hazardous material permit of any kind?
A good friend of mine was the mayor of a small town, and in talking to him, he said if I wanted to store pallets of fert. at my shop, I would need a bulk hazardous permit?????????
Thanks in advance,
Matt.

mrkosar
01-13-2009, 07:21 PM
just a pesticide and commercial applicator license in ohio...i hope, if not i've been in the dark. new york probably has different laws though.

what about that price?

jkranium
01-13-2009, 07:25 PM
I pay 650 a month for 1500 sqft. It has both heat and air, bathroom, and a very small office area. When searching around the same square footage ranged up to 1000, with most being in the 900 range. I also get access to a forklift whenever needed.

turf hokie
01-13-2009, 08:59 PM
I wont tell you what I pay, I'd be embarrased at how much it is. But I have 4000 sq ft with a room that had been used as an office but we dont as it does not have a window or door directly to fresh air. Common bathroom we share with 2 other tenants. We have our own forklift. I think prices will vary greatly depending on where in the country you are.
BTW our water is included but heat is not, no A/C but that is ok as most of my space is all concrete and regulates temp fairly well on its own. Downside is the ceiling is only 10 ft.

Matt, I think your friend is mistaken. I have the Fire Marshall come thru at least 2x per year and when I first moved in all they wanted were the MSDS sheets sent to them so they could have them on file. And he has been thru when we had over 50 tons inside along with drums of liquids. What we stock is not considered hazardous otherwise you would need placards on the truck to transport it as well.