PDA

View Full Version : dreams coming true

uniquechev
01-13-2009, 05:25 PM
I started my "company" 3 yrs ago this spring. I was working for a big landscape company cutting lawns and only working like 36 hrs a week and that got old after 3 months when i was promised over 50 hrs. so then i moved to another company working just shy of 75 hours in 5 days and still doing my own little lawn cutting on saturday and sunday. With the big company working there for over 2 yrs and doing everything from cutting lawns to sewer work and still doing my own little thing on the side . Me and my boss had a huge blow out and got fired. So i was forced into kicking my own little thing into high gear and created alot of work for myself and coming into last fall i was fully up and running on my own. I've realized that there are alot of pro's and cons to being on your own ! But as of right now i like it and really looking to get goin on this yrs work load this spring.

Working for all of these other companys in past years and driving by wondering how they all got started and now i realize that it takes a lot of work and dedication to make your dream really bloom to be what you want it to be. The only thing that i regret not doing was taking business classes so its kind of a trial and error right now.

As or right now i'm running a f350 rack body pulling a 7x14 enclosed trialer. I also have my chevy 1500 that started it all. Runnig a 48" lesco walkbehind and a 48" ghs walker that i just picked up and echo blowers and trimmers and a billy goat push blower.

CNYScapes
01-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Good for you ! It is a lot of work, but its all worth it in the end. It will become alot harder when you add headaches, I mean employees! haha Good Luck

uniquechev
01-14-2009, 01:02 AM
well thank you and same to you !!!

JeffW0011
01-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Go for it man! It is an emotional roller coaster (starting and running your own business). I am 3 years in and continue to see substantial growth. With the growth come headaches for sure.

I started out with a degree and background in business so that side of it was my strong suite. But I had no experience in this field at all. The time you spent working for larger, successful companies should pay huge dividends. If I could do one thing over I would have went out and spent a season working for someone else and seeing how they do things.

Good Luck!

uniquechev
01-14-2009, 12:36 PM
that was the best thing i have ever done ! seeing how the illegals work and how they do things so its done fast and right , thats right i said they do the work right haha. it was very informational working for all the different companies and seeing how they do it and how many different ways there are to do things out in the field

DLAWNS
01-15-2009, 07:45 PM
It's good that you got out on your own. Good luck!