PDA

View Full Version : simple design feedback

Turfdoctor1
01-13-2009, 06:29 PM
http://clientarea.d4you.us/2617/josh/04.jpg
http://clientarea.d4you.us/2617/josh/03copy.jpg

anybody care to give any feedback about these demos?

Thanks.

josh

JDUtah
01-13-2009, 07:05 PM
I like the 04 one... when you get a good pic of same property (or other) with green grass put it up as the header. Main reason I like it? The orange/yelloe menu pops better

Kiril
01-13-2009, 07:11 PM
The two designs are identical with 2 exceptions, header image and left block background. Are we supposed to be comparing the two or just commenting on the layout?

Turfdoctor1
01-13-2009, 10:37 PM
I like the 04 one... when you get a good pic of same property (or other) with green grass put it up as the header. Main reason I like it? The orange/yelloe menu pops better

thanks JD. huh, i'm surprised you like the one with the yellow better. By the way, I appreciate your help a while back. I ended up throwing something together myself for the time being. Now have a cheap designer working on this layout.

I have no good photos, and my grass is dormant right now, so that is causing an issue, hence the dormant photo.

Kiril, I realize they are the same design. you get what you pay for, and i'm cheap. I'm just looking for feedback on things like color, font, headers, photos, banners, comment box, etc.

any constructive criticism is appreciated.

Kiril
01-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Design is good, colors are not bad. It seems the color choice on the block was due to the header image.

Lawn-Scapes
01-13-2009, 11:33 PM
i like it.. colors & layout look good. Will it be centered on the screen when finished?

greenbaylawns
01-13-2009, 11:41 PM
Cool name Site 4 looks good

Team-Green L&L
01-14-2009, 11:27 AM
I agree that the first one looks great and the contact form "pops" which is great. The header banner looks like construction more so than turf maintenance to me though. I see that you're showing the problem and offering the solution though. Pretty innovative if it keeps the user aboard for a couple seconds.

Lawn-Scapes
01-14-2009, 12:21 PM
BTW.. I like the gold contact from the first but I like the brown buttons from the second.

JDUtah
01-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Glad you got things worked out Turfdoctor. Looks like you got a good designer.

Turfdoctor1
01-14-2009, 02:22 PM
I agree that the first one looks great and the contact form "pops" which is great. The header banner looks like construction more so than turf maintenance to me though. I see that you're showing the problem and offering the solution though. Pretty innovative if it keeps the user aboard for a couple seconds.

Thanks for all of the replys guys. I'm really surprised to hear that everyone likes that orange/yellow contact info box. I don't care for it much at all. I much prefer the demo with the brown buttons overall.

Team-Green, that header is just a photo of a house with dormant Bermuda. It's actually, pretty much perfectly manicured. It's just brown, because it's winter. I don't know why the designer used it. I guess he thought that using the dormant bermuda photo would allow him to use the green tabs on top, which makes sense. However, i'm too fond of putting photos of brown turf on the site.

If I use the design with the brown tabs, i'm concerned about the header being too boring and overused. any opinions on that?

Kiril
01-14-2009, 02:31 PM
If the intent is to design the site colors around the header image, then you need to settle on the image you want to use and proceed from there.

Turfdoctor1
01-14-2009, 03:08 PM
If the intent is to design the site colors around the header image, then you need to settle on the image you want to use and proceed from there.

I agree, but when I sent images to the designer as possibilities for the header, this is what they came back with (not the ones I sent). I'm not sure if the other pics were not wide enough to use as a header or what, and I have yet to get them to answer those questions for me.

They were supposed to have the site up by yesterday. we are running behind.

Team-Green L&L
01-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Nice designer. Looking good.

JDUtah
01-14-2009, 04:51 PM
If you could find a turf picture that had a nicely mulched bed on the botoom of it you could still get away with the green buttons.

Drawing attention to the easy quote form is a great thing! It will help convert leads to bids to sales, which is the whole idea of a website in the first place. I would go with the 04 colorscheme with a new pic. But it is your site.

Turfdoctor1
01-20-2009, 06:05 PM
http://clientarea.d4you.us/2617/josh/about.html

what do you guys think about this?

The site isn't published yet, wanted to get a little feedback before the final edit.

Thanks,
josh

Lawn-Scapes
01-20-2009, 06:12 PM
I think it looks great!