PDA

View Full Version : latest '09 fert prices

americanlawn
01-13-2009, 05:40 PM
During the past 3 weeks , we received fert prices from six distributors. UAP beat 'em all. Yet we'll pay about $1.00 more per bag for "fert w/pre" (compared to a year ago), but balanced (regular) fert will come down in price. N has come down, but how long will this last?

Thought you all might want to know what current prices are, cuz current prices are down. At least for now. But prices are likely to go up again.

BTW I believe the "fert + pre product" is priced high cuz they paid high prices last fall. Can't do anything about it. Look for balanced fert to be less this spring?

Forever Green Lawn
01-13-2009, 05:54 PM
We like UAP as well. Their current prices are less than Shaw's and JDL.

phasthound
01-13-2009, 06:31 PM
We'll have Nutrients PLUS pricing very soon.
Truckload pricing is now available for organic based products with Barricade. They have dropped somewhat.

jkranium
01-13-2009, 06:32 PM
One of my suppliers who I used almost exclusively last year said that he feels fert is starting to hit a bottom (gotta love sub $12.00 urea). Some of his sare finally starting to go up a little. Hopefully we will stay at the bottom or continue moving down, but who knows. JDL just dropped their prices again too, so who knows. I think I am getting close to locking up most of my fert for the year though.

turf hokie
01-13-2009, 07:43 PM
JDL pricing is a bit higher than last year but they so far are the cheapest, waiting on one more quote. I cant entirely compare to last year b/c some of that cost increase is due to us going with a higher AI so I would say about the same as Larry if we did apples to apples it would be about $1 more a bag. UAP was a little better priced but it was not an apples to apples product and when we broke it down we felt it was about the same cost per k.

Our organic bridge products are shaping up to be an increase of less than $1 for the same product we used last year.

Real Green
01-14-2009, 12:20 AM
We'll have Nutrients PLUS pricing very soon.
Truckload pricing is now available for organic based products with Barricade. They have dropped somewhat.

A combo product?! Barry you just made my day. I can't WAIT to get the ball rolling. It was nice talking to you today. Take care!

turf hokie
01-14-2009, 07:53 AM
A combo product?! Barry you just made my day. I can't WAIT to get the ball rolling. It was nice talking to you today. Take care!

I get it with dimension too, just ask.

phasthound
01-14-2009, 06:18 PM
I get it with dimension too, just ask.

Truckload buyers only.