PDA

View Full Version : Are you waiting to order fert for 2009?????

tlg
01-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Have you placed your fert order yet? What were your reasons to order early if you did?
If you have not yet ordered why are you waiting? Have you switched suppliers? If you did. Why?

turf hokie
01-13-2009, 08:50 PM
We will place our orders by Friday.
It looks like we will be switching suppliers for the bulk of our product. However, we will still be utilizing at least 2 of our other vendors for contract reasons and customer preferences.

We are switching the lions share of our order based on price (obviously) and how our vendor has earned our trust and respect by really going above and beyond in many aspects of what I would consider to be a business relationship. They have truly stepped up to not only get our business but they have taken a real interest in helping us grow our business.

We are taking advantage of early order b/c of a price guarantee (our price will not rise but could come done until we take delivery) which will be no later than end of Feb. And the biggie is terms until 6-1. I dont think you can beat that type of deal.

RigglePLC
01-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Tlg (is that Tender Loving Grass?) we are stalling, hopeing for a price break. And besides, we have almost zero storage--buy it as we need it, but some years we pay or lock in our prices early--not this year.
My dealer has some 34-0-10 and 26-0-13 from last year he would like to sell cheap. Actually hates to sell cheap, but he has to get rid of it.

DUSTYCEDAR
01-14-2009, 10:23 AM
on hold will wait as long as possible
still shopping