PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Fertilizer

Keegan
01-14-2009, 03:42 PM
We all know the price of synthetics has gone through the roof the past few years. No where near that with organics.
I have spent the last hour googling this and I can't find any concrete numbers. I found x product now cost this much. Ok what's the increase?
Does anyone know where I can find a report o this?

Thanks!!

JDUtah
01-14-2009, 03:57 PM
The organic market is not as large and organized as the synthetic market so it will be hard to find that info.

Locally high quality compost prices went down 10-20% last year. (based on my own observations)

phasthound
01-14-2009, 06:32 PM
We all know the price of synthetics has gone through the roof the past few years. No where near that with organics.
I have spent the last hour googling this and I can't find any concrete numbers. I found x product now cost this much. Ok what's the increase?
Does anyone know where I can find a report o this?

Thanks!!

Generally, organic and organic based fertilizer cost are more stable than synthetics. Right now synthetics are dropping in price. What are you looking for?

Barefoot James
01-14-2009, 06:39 PM
In a very sarcastic voice -

"Ahhh JD could you please supply verified, peer reviewed, non biased article supporting your assertions that compost pricing based on your own observations have in fact decreased?"

"These would reports would need to be detailed, in alphabetical order and listed in order of importance and certified by a credible popularly know notary public"

"Also make sure they are submitted to the US congress - Attention Barney Frank and Charles Rangel"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Try acres.com and they have all the doc's you need for soil fertility issues - causes, solutions, histories, etc.

http://www.acresusa.com/toolbox/articles.htm

You are hoot JD and then send your findings to Rodney. Organics can help fertility of soil and help synthetics work better too. Don't ask me! Read for yourself. But you probably don't see any value in the studies done by the folks at acres usa. And yes according to these folks synthetics do damage the soil fertility. This is wher i lernt it froom - them backwood hippies at acres usa weer we smoka that ther myco rrrizee stuf an hang or hets on cow poo n cumpust tees.:waving:

Keegan
01-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Generally, organic and organic based fertilizer cost are more stable than synthetics. Right now synthetics are dropping in price. What are you looking for?

Barry

I want to put this information in my marketing materials and I was looking for numbers to back me up.

JDUtah
01-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Barefoot,

lol

What did you mean by "dead soil" in that other thread?

Actually I am starting a new thread to show respect to Keegan.

treegal1
01-14-2009, 07:52 PM
James , yee haw!!! got to love back woods types. but on second thought does that saying not mean left or right when driving a team???

Keegan, in our area we are now up to our hips in bio solid fert that gets made local from human waste, the guy got some paper and came running over to me with his whole song and dance for this dirt cheap(so low I wont say on here) fert. it can not be used for the farm but for a little N fix for some grass, its the fast and easy way to get some natural waste N for darn near free. many other city's and states are doing the same, as its very costly to get rid of the stuff with fuel prices and all. and its great stuff almost no heavy metal and they test for some pharmaceuticals as well.

I have also seen some rumors that the waste folks here are going to start selling pellet post, sterile after the baking process and ultra light as its like 0 water. but that's only a rumor so far

grain is still off the chart and the mined minerals are a killer.........

as far as prices I dont have anything concrete at this time......

Kiril
01-14-2009, 11:18 PM
I think it is safe to say prices will vary based on your regional market. Out here, everything is more expensive.

treegal1
01-15-2009, 10:34 PM
they killed the billy blade guy fast huh?

JDUtah
01-15-2009, 10:51 PM
He spammed the pesticide forum too. Pay to play

treegal1
01-15-2009, 10:56 PM
that's a trip he could not even post a pm or anything. he should have at least bombed the web site or something.
lame foo

DUSTYCEDAR
01-16-2009, 10:16 AM
you just have to find the right outlet for your stuff

treegal1
01-16-2009, 10:21 AM
yes but he did not even say hello or give Mike D a chance to put on lipstick before he try-ed to stoup him. heck maybe a hug first. LOLOL like I said lame foo...........

oh well back to the search for usda fert................................

billy blade
01-16-2009, 10:38 AM
I am learning as I go here...still trying to figure out what I am OK to say. I may advertise on this site, at some point..

Why is it Important to Have Only USDA products?

JDUtah
01-16-2009, 10:44 AM
He came back! My kind of guy!

Mr. Nice
01-16-2009, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=billy blade;2701981

Why is it Important to Have Only USDA products?[/QUOTE]

Means the ingredients pass the USDA National Organic Program standards.
But that's just a guess?

billy blade
01-16-2009, 12:15 PM
it is easier to find ORMI products, as a manufacturer I can tell you there is NO difference between ORMI & USDA...same product different certificates.

It is very very VERY time consuming & exspensive to go USDA, unless you are in a grant or government run program...ORMI products are the way to go, Again these are the same exact products.

treegal1
01-16-2009, 01:50 PM
its for food crop production, with a grant and several other reasons............

Kiril
01-16-2009, 10:47 PM
its for food crop production, with a grant and several other reasons............

............. and a shill is born http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/265.gif