PDA

View Full Version : Ford or chevy

steve m
01-14-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm looking to get a new truck would like to know what you guys are driving.
looking at f-150 f-250 and chevy HD. pros & cons of both

THANKS Steve

Puddle of Oil
01-14-2009, 07:23 PM
ive got a ford, love em. gonna get a 250 later on in the year. i dont like that they tend to shift real hard sometimes, and they also shift when ever they feel like it. but their tough trucks! JMO

IdealLawnCare
01-14-2009, 08:29 PM
I can say I never had a problem with a Ford because I have never owned one. Get a Chevy.

ALLPro Landscaping
01-14-2009, 08:33 PM
I recommend you look at a dodge, I own a f250 and hate it. The front end problems, and I don't recommend the power stroke, If you don't want a dodge go with Chevy

dishboy
01-14-2009, 08:36 PM
I have fords , chevy is OK, but Ford Motor Co is in a lot better position to be in business a few years from now.

DanManofStihl
01-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I have had pretty good luck with Chevy so that would be my reconmendation. I have seen a good amount of dodges with electrical issues and transmission problems. The fords diesel is new in 2008 the fuel economy is poor being less then 10mpg. I would either get a chevy or a ford with a gas engine in it.

Kennedy Landscaping
01-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Got a Ford here and love it. I would go with the 250 right from the get go though. Just my 02

delphied
01-14-2009, 08:51 PM
I just bought a Chevy but its just a half ton 4WD. I wont ever pull over 3000 with my business . You just cant beat a Chevy HD for heavy towing though. The ride is sweet too.

bighaydenslawn
01-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Get a Chevy, doesn't matter what size or model but it will be better than a Ford. My Dad and I have had both and the Chevys are so much easier to work on and such a better ride, not to mention they look better lol.

ALC-GregH
01-14-2009, 10:12 PM
this has to be the funniest thread I've seen. LOL

JB1
01-14-2009, 10:17 PM
this has to be the funniest thread I've seen. LOL

whats so funny about it, some of us want to know, oh yeah what color should you buy.

Sunscaper
01-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Who gives a s@#t? If you are old enough to drive figure it out on your own.

delphied
01-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Who gives a s@#t? If you are old enough to drive figure it out on your own.

Some people cant figure it out. Like the ones that drive Ford or Dodge.

bighaydenslawn
01-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Some people cant figure it out. Like the ones that drive Ford or Dodge.

:):):):)

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

You get the picture.

TXNSLighting
01-14-2009, 11:45 PM
I hate people who ask these stupid F&%#in questions, Cuz then all the idiots come out. O ive never owned a Ford but their S#@t, i havent owned a dodge either but they are s%&t. Go drive a few of em and figure it out for yourself. Dont let other idiots make up your mind for you. Fords are great trucks, GM's are great trucks, and dodges are great trucks. Pick the one you like the most!

I know this is going to piss people off but its the dam truth. :rolleyes:

TXNSLighting
01-14-2009, 11:46 PM
:):):):)

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

You get the picture.

You're not even old enough to drive!!! You have no business in this thread.

bighaydenslawn
01-14-2009, 11:52 PM
I have ridden in trucks ever since I was born and drove them around the farm for the last few years, and I like Chevys the best. I have worked on trucks with my Dad and I just like the Chevys better. Did not know that was a crime.

Gravel Rat
01-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Why don't you go buy a horse and buggy they sell them at car dealers now it is the new emmissions friendly vehical. The only thing the engine emitts is methane when you feed the horse beefareeno :laugh:

Buy one of these its the cheapest mode of transportation

www.shunya.net/Pictures/NorthIndia/Calcutta/CalcuttaRickshaw05.jpg

TXNSLighting
01-15-2009, 12:03 AM
I have ridden in trucks ever since I was born and drove them around the farm for the last few years, and I like Chevys the best. I have worked on trucks with my Dad and I just like the Chevys better. Did not know that was a crime.

Its not a crime, Your dogging something you know nothing about.

bighaydenslawn
01-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Its not a crime, Your dogging something you know nothing about.

I do know something about it, it is called I have formed an opinion at a younger age. I like Chevys better because of the reasons I listed earlier! That is why I like them more than Fords! I have driven both brands enough around the farm that I have a decent idea of the one I like better, so just lay off.

TXNSLighting
01-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Im pissed off tonight and i dont know why. Its killin me. I dont mean to single you outs its everyone. These threads dont ever sit well with me.

You'll understand when youre married.

bighaydenslawn
01-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Im pissed off tonight and i dont know why. Its killin me. I dont mean to single you outs its everyone. These threads dont ever sit well with me.

OK well I wish you a better day tomorrow then. :drinkup:

JB1
01-15-2009, 12:14 AM
come on girls, group hug.

TXNSLighting
01-15-2009, 12:15 AM
OK well I wish you a better day tomorrow then. :drinkup:

Thats what i need:drinkup::drinkup:

bighaydenslawn
01-15-2009, 12:16 AM

Way to positively change the subject man! :clapping:

TXNSLighting
01-15-2009, 12:16 AM

Im feelin better already.

slamjamrockinman
01-15-2009, 01:26 AM
I hate people who ask these stupid F&%#in questions, Cuz then all the idiots come out. O ive never owned a Ford but their S#@t, i havent owned a dodge either but they are s%&t. Go drive a few of em and figure it out for yourself. Dont let other idiots make up your mind for you. Fords are great trucks, GM's are great trucks, and dodges are great trucks. Pick the one you like the most!

THANKYOU!! I was waiting for someone to say that. All trucks break, no matter what the brand is. Buy the one YOU like.

whoopassonthebluegrass
01-15-2009, 01:33 AM
Didn't read the others, but here's two points towards the Chevy:

-- More payload (by far) than Ford or Dodge.
-- Bigger rotors - for better braking and longer lasting pads.

Oh yeah: and the Ford 5.4L motor is one of the most flawed engines of modern time.

IdealLawnCare
01-15-2009, 07:36 AM

I agree they are all great trucks. I have always liked my chevys but at the same time when I look for a new truck I do look at all of them. And you cant rip on the guy for asking because Im sure most of us have ask about one piece of equipment or another at some point along the line.

lawn king
01-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Having owned all 3, the GM is a superior product?

TXNSLighting
01-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Didn't read the others, but here's two points towards the Chevy:

-- More payload (by far) than Ford or Dodge.
-- Bigger rotors - for better braking and longer lasting pads.

Oh yeah: and the Ford 5.4L motor is one of the most flawed engines of modern time.

You are so far beyond wrong its not even funny. Dont talk about stuff you obviously have no idea about.

delphied
01-15-2009, 11:28 AM
You are so far beyond wrong its not even funny. Dont talk about stuff you obviously have no idea about.

The forum police has spoken!

TXNSLighting
01-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Well he doesnt need to say that stuff, he stated very incorrect information.

Swampy
01-15-2009, 12:08 PM

Someone should elect you as a moderator for this forum.

TXNSLighting
01-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Ha! Yeh prob so. :laugh: I wouldnt be a very good one.

whoopassonthebluegrass
01-15-2009, 01:21 PM

Not being afraid to eat crow when I'm wrong, I went and did a little digging. And, in part, you're right - SOME of that was wrong. So for the edumacation of all interested, here's what I got:

half tons:

Ford has better specs.

3/4 tons:

Chevy kills the Fords on payload, though the brakes are comparable - with Ford maybe even being bigger. (I guess the 60-zero scores might be more helpful).

Gravel Rat
01-15-2009, 03:08 PM
What the manufactures say the truck has for payload doesn't mean anything its no where near real world actual tare weight. By the time you add all your aftermarket add ons etc. What the manufacture says and what you "legally" can put in the truck never matches.

Why do you think people have troubles when it comes to buying a camper the truck is supposed to beable to carry it. Weigh the combination and its oh **** were 1000lbs over weight.

Take for example Ford lists a truck like my 03 F-450 6.0 2wd reg cab at 7500lbs well that is way off maybe thats what the truck weighed as a cab and chassis I don't know. My actual curb weight is 9400lbs that is 1900lbs heavier than what Ford says. So what Ford said the truck has for payload is 7500lbs my actuall "legal" payload is 5600lbs.

Chevy my list the payload on their 3/4 tons is higher that doesn't mean squat it just means the truck is lighter than the Ford or Dodge. You look at the max gvw the truck has. I never kept track of what a gvw of a 3/4 ton is now but in the previous years it used to be 8600-8800lbs max gvw. A 1 ton dually used to be 11,000lbs. The newer duallies are up to 13,000lb gvw now.

Swampy
01-16-2009, 03:42 AM
GR maybe you should just say old school is better lol. BTW I'll take a 94 F-SuperDuty over your 6.0 oh no F4fixme let me get the chains. Personaly I'd take a old Dodge, Chevy, or Ford over the new trucks made now, I don't need GPS, powered mirrors/windows/doors, tailgate steps. Its a bunch off useless crap, what's wrong with a map? The only thing that is newish that I do like is the heated mirrors for plowing. Now I'm going end my idiotic rant, typing on a ps3 sucks stupid computer is broken, I need a drink. Anybody in?

delphied
01-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Ill take the new one myself.

Gravel Rat
01-16-2009, 02:49 PM
I'am in the same boat I have been there done that with old used trucks. My 2003 F450 when I bought it was used but with really low kilometers. I have had trucks with 300,000kms 186,400 miles and your dealing with a old truck. Squeeks and rattles and you have little problems all the time plus you have rust depending on the year of the truck.

My 89 F-Superduty the cab mount bushings were all soft so when you got on a uneven surface the drivers door didn't want to open.

You just have to deal with the newer trucks with more complicated engines your not getting away from it.