PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy grass seed for less?

NCPremier
01-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I live in Durham, NC and had a small seed supplier but when I cam back from vacation his shop is gone. I had to go buy grass seed from Lowes, seems over priced. Does anyone know where I could get seed for less in the triangle area. Thanks

Stuttering Stan
01-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Less than what price? Seed is expensive, no way of getting around it.

NCPremier
01-15-2009, 10:23 PM
At lowes it is about $35 for a 25lb bag of contractor seed. $95 for a 50lb bag of Rebel IV tall fescue. I was paying about half that. And had great results.

topsites
01-16-2009, 01:13 AM
I live in Durham, NC and had a small seed supplier but when I cam back from vacation his shop is gone.

Kinda makes me wonder if selling seed cheap had anything to do with that.

NCPremier
01-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Ha Ha! Very good point! =) Where do others get there seed. we have a few really really large landscaping companies in the area and the bags they use are simply white. So I know there not getting it from lowes. I just thought maybe there was something I didnt know about a better way of obtaining grass seed. I appreciate the responses!

jaghr
01-16-2009, 12:25 PM
I live in Durham, NC and had a small seed supplier but when I cam back from vacation his shop is gone. I had to go buy grass seed from Lowes, seems over priced. Does anyone know where I could get seed for less in the triangle area. Thanks

Try Lesco,there's one located in Raleigh

jaghr
01-16-2009, 12:31 PM

I said Raleigh in earlier post but there is a Lesco SC in Durham.

NattyLawn
01-16-2009, 12:33 PM
You can try UAP or Pennington as well. Seed is expensive, and you get what you pay for....

KACYDS
01-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Try Lesco/JDL, Pennington Seed, BWI, Regal Chemical, and Pro Source.

Az Gardener
01-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Pop your head into a good golf course and look up the greenskeepr. Find out who supplies them. Locally it is Wilber Ellis they sell fert, seed, chems to golf courses and as long as I make it easy, to me too. I usually get last years over runs at a great cost and it is very good seed too. Also the big sprinkler houses like Ewing ,Horizon, John Deere.

NCPremier
01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
You guys are fantastic!!!!! thanks for the help.

LifeBack Lawns
06-03-2013, 12:12 PM
A friend of mine said john Deere landscapes off Hillsborough rd carried good stuff. I have yet to visit it though. I've heard really good things about Lesco though.

GreenLandscaping13
06-07-2013, 11:13 PM
I would check out a place called Green Resource in garner that consistently beat Lesco pricing for me. They deliver as well and their local phone number is 9197794727. I purchase from the one in Winston-Salem now and continue to get treated great. I have never had a delivery though but all the reps were always helpful.
Posted via Mobile Device