PDA

View Full Version : pricing

bamafan192069
01-16-2009, 12:49 AM
i live in orlando, and im getting ready to start the spraying part of my company, but i dont know what to charge as well as how many applications to do each year, and what each application is need, such as weed killers and fertilizers. things like that.

derek_mp
01-16-2009, 01:18 AM
i charge 55 dollars for the first 1000 sq. ft. and 10 dollars for every thousand after that. and offer a 7 step application throughout the year.
pre emergent
post emergent
4 fertilization throughout season
and winterization

southernsprayguy
01-16-2009, 10:33 AM
i live in orlando, and im getting ready to start the spraying part of my company, but i dont know what to charge as well as how many applications to do each year, and what each application is need, such as weed killers and fertilizers. things like that.

I charge $3.00 per K plus I add a $25.00 service fee per visit. No I dont put $25.00 service fee on the bill!

Turfdoctor1
01-16-2009, 10:42 AM
i charge 55 dollars for the first 1000 sq. ft. and 10 dollars for every thousand after that. and offer a 7 step application throughout the year.
pre emergent
post emergent
4 fertilization throughout season
and winterization

wow. you are rich. you need about 10 customers to make a living at those rates!

I'm thinking about just posting my pricing spreadsheet. Every region is different, but I wonder if it might be helpful?

Those of you that are around the boards a lot, good idea to post my pricing guide, or bad?

ted putnam
01-16-2009, 11:56 AM

I'm thinking about just posting my pricing spreadsheet. Every region is different, but I wonder if it might be helpful?

Those of you that are around the boards a lot, good idea to post my pricing guide, or bad?

BAD......:nono:

KACYDS
01-16-2009, 12:13 PM

Can you post your Credit Card numbers and exp. dates? That would be real helpful, too. :laugh:

Turfdoctor1
01-16-2009, 01:14 PM

sorry guys, i guess i didn't represent sarcasm very well.

ted putnam
01-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Can you post your Credit Card numbers and exp. dates? That would be real helpful, too. :laugh:

C'mon KACYDS... Cut him some slack!. Bad idea because the walls have ears and eyes. Unless you don't mind your direct competition knowing your prices. You need to come up with a minimum price for a minimum sq footage per stop. That is an amount to charge for you to just show up at a property. Then charge a rate per 1000ft sq ft for anything over that minimum sq footage. Mine is $5/k. Some charge more, some charge less. Prices vary per region. The key is to come up with that minimum charge so you have a starting point...and you'll have to be competitive for your area.

KACYDS
01-16-2009, 01:29 PM
C'mon KACYDS... Cut him some slack!. Bad idea because the walls have ears and eyes. Unless you don't mind your direct competition knowing your prices. You need to come up with a minimum price for a minimum sq footage per stop. That is an amount to charge for you to just show up at a property. Then charge a rate per 1000ft sq ft for anything over that minimum sq footage. Mine is $5/k. Some charge more, some charge less. Prices vary per region. The key is to come up with that minimum charge so you have a starting point...and you'll have to be competitive for your area.

Sorry Ted,

I guess my brain is frozen, with all the cold weather we having. Just trying to have a little fun. Didnt mean any harm. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

rockymtnmf
01-16-2009, 01:39 PM
i charge 55 dollars for the first 1000 sq. ft. and 10 dollars for every thousand after that.

So you are saying... 10,000 square feet you charge $145 per application? $55 first 1k, $10x9 for the remainder?

If you are able to get that, more power to you. I would be happy with half of that.

Turfdoctor1
01-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Sorry Ted,

I guess my brain is frozen, with all the cold weather we having. Just trying to have a little fun. Didnt mean any harm. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

no harm taken, i was just joking.

no way on earth i would post something like that.

But, i would defintely say pricing and credit card info is not quite the same.

ted putnam
01-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Sorry Ted,

No harm done...and your response was funny. I'm sure Turfdoc just didn't think about it before he typed. Last year was his first year full time and he really struggled with his pricing and being competitive in his area. From what I've gathered from some of his posts he kicked a$$ in 2008. I just know there is a HUGE number who look, but never post. That can be good....or bad.

KACYDS
01-16-2009, 01:53 PM
I just know there is a HUGE number who look, but never post.

Never thought of that.

I would never think about giving information about my pricing. I keep that under lock and key. Even my wife don't know that info. :laugh::laugh: