PDA

View Full Version : Why do Manu's publish such things?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Here is a perfect example of a horrible application. Why do manufacturer's regularly use horrible examples to showcase their products?

Mike M
01-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Well, that certainly "stands out from the crowd." What's next? Mercury vapor deck lights?

If you want vivid color without lenses, there are better ways. Dial it in with RGB LED's, and control the brightness, as well. And keep it out of the hands of the person who installed the lighting for those buildings.

Lite4
01-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Thats hideous. Everybody walks out of that place with an artificial suntan.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-16-2009, 12:57 PM
I can only imagine the disappointment on the face of the property owners once that mess was powered up. Imagine being a neighbour!!

JoeyD
01-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so they say....................

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Well "they" do say that... but I think some things are universally unappealling as well. That installation is one of those things!

David Gretzmier
01-16-2009, 01:14 PM
ugly. really ugly.

ChampionLS
01-17-2009, 04:59 PM
This is an interesting post. There is a home near me thats been recently renovated. They put on an addition- second floor, and landscaped the whole yard. They put two LARGE... I guess Metal Halide, or could possibly be one of those colorlite things. Its a bluish/whiteish light, emitting from the sides of the house. It lights the ENTIRE YARD, STREET, DRIVEWAY and NEIGHBORS YARDS! a real turn off. I'll have to shoot some photos for you.

Anthony

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Anthony, why not check your local ordinance / development guidelines? There are more and more communities now that are putting outdoor lighting regulations, guidelines and by-laws in place that serve to limit light pollution.

Sounds like those people are causing quite a bit of light trespass to me.