PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! I need help deciding to trade

trainerboy
01-16-2009, 07:52 PM
I have this Lastec for sale. I have a gentleman wanting to trade me his Dixie Chopper 44" Silver Eagle and boot some cash.
Long story short.... I need to sell due to financial reasons but I do need to replace it with a cheaper mower. I don't want any other "large" deck mower because I have a OCD about scalping turf. This Lastec is the only large deck mower I like to eliminate scalping (a lot of my accounts are scalp nightmares). I can run this Lastec full out on any terrain, it just will not scalp. That said, I need to sell or trade the Lastec to cover some financial responsibilities.
I'm going to use my 52" Dixon as my big mower and I need to replace the Lastec with a smaller one. Something between 36" to 44" would get me by.

Here is the trade details I'm having a hard time deciding on.
Lastec:
*I'm asking $9,500
*it is an '08 with only 13.6 hours
*35HP Vangaurd big block
*73" full floating and articulating deck
*extra blades, belts, oil filters, mulch kit, and ROPS (not pictured)

Dixie Chopper:
*about 3 years old
*87 hours on it
*27HP Generac motor
*44" deck
****Hard to tell exact condition since he didn't wash it before he took the pics.

The offer he has made is $5,300 cash and the D/C for my mower. The math break down is I will be paying $4,200 for the D/C and put $5,300 in my pocket.

I need help here, I'm torn.....I like Dixie Choppers but I'm extremely ticked about having to sell this Lastec. It is my dream mower.

Bottom line.......is this a good deal for me????

Mike Blevins
01-16-2009, 08:28 PM
If it were me I wouldn't be happy with the condition the Dixie Chopper is in. (By what the pics Show). Your Lastec is in excellent shape. I wouldn't trade for the Dixie thats "about 3 years old". This guy knows how old this mower is unless he is the second or third owner? Run that Lastec on E-bay and see what you can get. I also think if you can hang in there until a little closer till spring you will get what you need for it.

QualityLawnCare4u
01-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Think of it this way. Your new mower has a warranty, the DC does not. That 5300 you are getting, a new engine would wipe half that out. Both sides of the hydro pumps and wheel motors will take care of the rest of it. Not saying that the DC is going to lose all this at one time but just laying it out like it is. I would try to hold onto it if possible but only you know your financial situation and I understand that myself very well.

IntegrityGuy
01-16-2009, 08:54 PM
I wouldnt trade. just get your money and then buy the mower you really want that you can afford. Or go get a night shift job.

Jimslawncareservice
01-16-2009, 09:23 PM
d/c looks tuff for 87 hours and 3 years old.

trainerboy
01-16-2009, 09:52 PM
I appreciate the advise.
All of these comments are leaning the same direction my gut feelings are. I can hold out till close to season if I absolutely have to.

This is good food for thought.