PDA

View Full Version : Repo man

South Florida Lawns
01-17-2009, 01:11 PM
There is a plain jane Dodge 3500 dually around town all blacked out, black factory steel wheels maybe a 2006 or 07 its not a tow truck its got a lift under the bed and no back bumper for repoing cars. The thing is all dented up and dirty, I have been seeing this truck now for about a week around town always with a car on the back. But yesterday I saw an F550 behind it, looked like a stake bed it was long, and the dodge was squatting a lot. He left me in smoke at the light it was awesome.

nnj18
01-17-2009, 01:17 PM
lol thats pretty cool.....take some pictures next time.....def not a job I'd want, if I did I'd by carrying a .45 all the time lol I know some ppl that would wanna kill you if you showed up to take their car.

DLAWNS
01-17-2009, 01:36 PM
There is a plain jane Dodge 3500 dually around town all blacked out, black factory steel wheels maybe a 2006 or 07 its not a tow truck its got a lift under the bed and no back bumper for repoing cars. The thing is all dented up and dirty, I have been seeing this truck now for about a week around town always with a car on the back. But yesterday I saw an F550 behind it, looked like a stake bed it was long, and the dodge was squatting a lot. He left me in smoke at the light it was awesome.

That's funny....I saw a repo tow truck the other day and it had a walker hanging off the back. Someone was hating life that day!

DanManofStihl
01-17-2009, 04:59 PM
We have a 2001 Chevy 3500 dually at work with the stealth on the back heres a link to the manufactor. Pretty cool when you you go through the hood and everyone thinks it is a regular truck and then you back up and hook up to someones car and are out of the neighbor hood in 5 seconds with out getting out of the truck. http://www.dynamicmfg.com/Wreckers_Carriers_Stealth.htm

DBL
01-17-2009, 05:06 PM
its never a nice meeting with a repo man

nnj18
01-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Do repo guys make good money??

Gravel Rat
01-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Repo men put their life on the line its a dangerous job sometimes. You get some fruit cake running out of their house with a gun because they figure your stealing their car.

They call the wheel lifts "sneaker lifts" because you can control the whole thing from inside the truck. A F-550 behind a 3500 Dodge dually must be heavy wouldn't want to go far with it.

You are going to see more and more repo'ed cars etc too many people way over their head in bill payments.

J&R Landscaping
01-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Those sneaker lifts are a great idea. I like the standard self loader bodies a bit more but those also cost bigger buck$.

Down outside of philly, its an odd night when I don't see a couple repo trucks every night.

nosparkplugs
01-17-2009, 09:04 PM

Yep the Cummins 5.9L ISB tends to have that ability, Suck the paint right off your truck with a F-550 in tow:clapping: classic Dodge Cummins

Panhead
01-18-2009, 01:21 AM
Got to love Dodge Cummins torque!

ALLPro Landscaping
01-18-2009, 01:33 AM
Its not funny, I know someone who got their Toyota repoed, she had arrangement with the bank to pay off the back owed on the loan, The bank never sent the repo co, the fax of hold, how typical she got her car repoed and she tried killing her self, Its a hart break to have that done to you. Now that times are tough and you try and the bank could care less how would you feel, if the bank came to get your trucks. And believe me the banks could care less. I know their was someone in my state , I forgot the name who did kill her self cause of the debt she got herself in. I would take my life if that was my daughter, things are different and tough now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panhead
01-18-2009, 01:39 AM
Banks = Greed

DanManofStihl
01-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Well as the banks always tell us if you can't pay for it turn it in. Some people you feel sorry for because they are in a bad situation but others I have no remorse for. If I could not pay for my duramax I would call my bank and tell them to get it. They don't just come pick your stuff up if you are late on a payment. You have to be about 3 months out. Most of the time you it is when you blow the bank off and will not call them back is when you they put you out to be repod. If you just call them and tell them you lost your job and need to send a partial payment or put forth effort they will work with you. I have seen people 12 months out not get there stuff repoed because they send in what they can. The bank is not out to get your car they lose money 90% of the time when they have to pick up a car.

punt66
01-18-2009, 07:43 AM
Wow. Pay your bills! If you cant, turn it in. They dont own the car. I guess banks should forget all the debt its owed to not be greedy???? Dont get into debt thats over your head. Its called personal responsibility.

whoopassonthebluegrass
01-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Wow. Pay your bills! If you cant, turn it in. They dont own the car. I guess banks should forget all the debt its owed to not be greedy???? Dont get into debt thats over your head. Its called personal responsibility.

Though you'll probably be offended that I'm on your side here, Punt, I totally agree. :laugh:

Nobody has a RIGHT to keep something they can't pay for. The bank paid for the vehicle! They OWN it! They're not in this business for charitable reasons.

punt66
01-18-2009, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=whoopassonthebluegrass;2706192]Though you'll probably be offended that I'm on your side here, Punt, I totally agree. :laugh:

Nobody has a RIGHT to keep something they can't pay for. The bank paid for the vehicle! They OWN it! They're not in this business for charitable reasons.[/QUOTE

hahhaa im not offended hahha. Sorry about your loss! haha What year was that truck? It looks to be in decent shape through all that abuse you mentioned haha.

South Florida Lawns
01-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Well I'll never get my truck repoed, its all paid off and making me money. I have a friend that has a 2004 Yamaha YZF 450 quad that is blown up and in pieces and the repo man comes bout once a month looking for it, kid still owes like $4,000 on it, now thats just plain stupid.

whoopassonthebluegrass
01-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Sorry about your loss! haha What year was that truck? It looks to be in decent shape through all that abuse you mentioned haha.

1998. Blew the lower intake manifold gasket and overheated it trying to get home. Nuked the motor and seized it...:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

Time to go see the repo man about getting a new truck!

punt66
01-18-2009, 11:43 AM
1998. Blew the lower intake manifold gasket and overheated it trying to get home. Nuked the motor and seized it...:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

Time to go see the repo man about getting a new truck!

hahah you going to a 3/4 now?

whoopassonthebluegrass
01-18-2009, 11:44 AM
hahah you going to a 3/4 now?

Or a 1 ton. We'll just have to see what's available in my area.

nosparkplugs
01-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Its not funny, I know someone who got their Toyota repoed, she had arrangement with the bank to pay off the back owed on the loan, The bank never sent the repo co, the fax of hold, how typical she got her car repoed and she tried killing her self, Its a hart break to have that done to you. Now that times are tough and you try and the bank could care less how would you feel, if the bank came to get your trucks. And believe me the banks could care less. I know their was someone in my state , I forgot the name who did kill her self cause of the debt she got herself in. I would take my life if that was my daughter, things are different and tough now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about that; however people fail to realize we are responsible for our own debit. The banks have already loosened their lending standards up to include high risk people.

Once any loan goes into default it's easier to write that loan off as bad, and get it off the books. The human element of lending is tragic, ignorance is not bliss and the banks have a right to their property if you fall behind. Doesn't everyone getting repo'd have a shob story

I personally am not fond of banks, but it is what it is and you should live within your means.

nnj18
01-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Well I'll never get my truck repoed, its all paid off and making me money. I have a friend that has a 2004 Yamaha YZF 450 quad that is blown up and in pieces and the repo man comes bout once a month looking for it, kid still owes like $4,000 on it, now thats just plain stupid.

yahhhh just a bit!! lol :laugh:

Lawnworks
01-18-2009, 02:14 PM

Exactly what punt66 said. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY! The bank is not the bad guy.