PDA

View Full Version : Website Design

Jays Green Daze Landscape
01-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Was looking to have a company design a Flash type web page and was wondering if anyone has had their site designed and had any recommendations either local in the Michigan area or nationally. Thanks

punt66
01-18-2009, 09:58 AM
I know a gentleman who does incredible 3d websites and logos. One of the best there is. Let me know if you want his contact info.

Jays Green Daze Landscape
01-18-2009, 11:54 PM
I would like to have his info....Thanks

funmower
01-19-2009, 11:09 AM
I know somebody dose website. He is very good at it let me know if you want his contact info

punt66
01-19-2009, 12:15 PM
I would like to have his info....Thanks

Ok, i have a meeting with him today. I will get his contact info for you.

topsites
01-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Don't do it, do not get a flash site!

1. It's at least twice the labor hours for the same end result vs. an html site.
You will pay extra to design it, extra to upgrade or make changes, and in some cases extra to host it as well.
It will cost you at least double, this extra expense does not pay for itself, not even close.

2. Search engines don't do well with flash sites, insofar as ranking, it's a losing battle.
The database of an engine holds text data, these databases and the software that powers it simply can not accommodate flash,
and they may be able to store it but when it comes to competition in the end-user results the winner is almost never the flash site.
And believe you me, just trying to get a straight site to show on the first page of results is a load of fun.

3. The reason most flash sites appear to generate more traffic is because there is so much more crap that has to load
from server-to-client that one visitor generates around 10 times the data requests (aka hits).
Therefore, each visitor merely looks like 10 visitors when compared to a standard site's statistics,
but in terms of actual people visiting it's all the same.

4. Visitors will have to have broadband just to load your site, in effect closing the door on any dial-up connections.

5. Everybody and their brother can design one, few truly know how.
And while this tends to hold true for any type of site, why pay extra?

6. Last but not least, few flash sites are a true success, in terms of visitor retaining rates most flash sites suck.

It is this problem, with a flash site it's a constant uphill battle, from beginning to end and then some.

So, get a normal one :p
Seriously.