PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering......

mow2nd
01-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Does anybody do a monthly treatment program? Like stop by once a month to check on the lawn? I know most do 6 to 8 apps. But what if you stopped by once a month? This would give you a monthly cash flow. Say your application runs $60 per app x 6 apps a year. or you tell the customer you'll stop by once a month for $35.

6 apps for the year = $360
monthly program = $420

Just wondering ?

mrkosar
01-18-2009, 10:21 AM
i've thought about doing this many times. it is really nice if you had your customers paying through their bank accounts or credit card where it is just automatically charged monthly. spoon feeding the lawn, monitoring, and other things would be nice, but unfortunately in my location the market is used to 4-6 app program. i could see some customers definitely liking this hassle free, premium type service though. well worth researching.

i'm sure in the south there are many companies that do it this way, but here in the north we start in March and are done by Thanksgiving.

mow2nd
01-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Well I was wondering if there was anybody else doing it this way. I started doing it last fall. So far it is going really good. People actually like the idea of somebody stopping by once a month to check on the lawn. I used to do 6 apps, but because of the price increase on fert. I had to raise prices, so I told the customers we were going to a monthly pay plan. I was able to raise all my application prices without a problem.

Anyway, I was just wondering if I was the only one going this route.

Ric
01-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Mow2nd

First understand our growing season is year round. But monthy treatments are S.O.P. in south Florida. No need to renew contracts each year we just roll on.

whoopassonthebluegrass
01-18-2009, 10:48 AM
I show up every 5 weeks during the growing season. I think it makes a big difference. The other LCO's who show up every 8 weeks or so always have lawns loaded with weeds, etc. But I also drive by almost every single account I have on a weekly basis - so I'm able to keep tabs on most cosmetic issues that may arrive...

I believe GreenDoctor has a system set on a specific schedule and charges accordingly... But he's probably sleeping, what with being forced to live down there in them Sammich Islands and all...

greendoctor
01-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Whoopass, it was 5:48 on a Sunday morning when you posted.:sleeping: Even at 5:48 on a working day, I am getting my beauty sleep. Yet another reason I am not someone's employee. The third world plantation boss way is to start work at an uncivilized hour in the morning. If I were an employee, my workday would start at 5:00 or 6:00. No, not when I get up, when I would be expected at work. Even with me being almost narcoleptic, I examine a client's property at least twice a month. That includes a run through of the irrigation system if it has not rained in the last week. I am normally responsible for the trees, shrubs and groundcover areas on a property as well. So there is much more to this than driving by to see if the lawn is green. In the summer months I get slammed, as in having to spray trees and shrubs for pests. From now until summer, lawns develop winter weeds and fungal issues. I did get a break this year. It rained from November until end of December. Normally it is 89 and humid on Thanksgiving and Christmas. This morning, it was 57 and clear, which is almost a heat wave in some places. Down here, most people are turning into popsicles. Not me, I am loving it. I am severely heat intolerant, anything over 80 can be bad for me.

THC
01-18-2009, 04:31 PM
I show up every 5 weeks during the growing season. I think it makes a big difference. The other LCO's who show up every 8 weeks or so always have lawns loaded with weeds, etc. But I also drive by almost every single account I have on a weekly basis - so I'm able to keep tabs on most cosmetic issues that may arrive...

I believe GreenDoctor has a system set on a specific schedule and charges accordingly... But he's probably sleeping, what with being forced to live down there in them Sammich Islands and all...

If you touch it up do you put in a lawn sign? lot of ups there.

Jimmy1289
01-18-2009, 05:32 PM
We offer a monthly payment plan based on the services signed up for(example- 7 apps + Aeration and Seeding=$600 or $50 per month) extras are billed at time of service. This allows us to treat a lawn whenever it is convenient for us or do a spot spray between apps without having to leave 2 invoices too close together.:dancing:

whoopassonthebluegrass
01-18-2009, 07:08 PM
If you touch it up do you put in a lawn sign? lot of ups there.

If the lawn is being watered right (and isn't an eyesore), you bet I do. I'll call them and let them know what I did - so they can plan kids/pets/activities accordingly.

MY lawn signs are a huge part of my marketing. I've been amazed at the difference they've made in regards to my "brand recognition"...

greendoctor
01-18-2009, 07:15 PM
If the lawn is being watered right (and isn't an eyesore), you bet I do. I'll call them and let them know what I did - so they can plan kids/pets/activities accordingly.

MY lawn signs are a huge part of my marketing. I've been amazed at the difference they've made in regards to my "brand recognition"...

Wish I could do that here. I do not dare draw any attention to myself from the public. The moment the chemical nazis here finds out about me, I am gone. The only people who know I exist are landscape companies and property owners who want my services.