PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of trailers and hitches

South Florida Lawns
01-18-2009, 02:49 PM
I was in traffic downtown Tampa and my lane was stopped, the other two lanes were flowing nicely all of a sudden a lawn truck towing a trailer goes over these rail road tracks and the whole trailer bounces off. It passes the truck crosses the median and through three more lanes of traffic on the other side with cars swerving all over the place. It came to a stop in an empty parking lot and not a single car or person was harmed. I was like whoa that guy was lucky nothing happened. I'll bet he double checks the chains next time, and makes sure the trailer is latched.

CrystalCreek
01-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Holy cow. I would be freaking out if I was that guy. I am so afraid that my trailer will come off someday. I get my couplers replaced every three years and the hitch on my truck professional inspected every other year. Trailers are dangerous. I have OCD when it comes to trailers. I check and recheck and sometimes a thrid time is a charm.

Jerry Lee
01-18-2009, 04:43 PM
I was in traffic downtown Tampa and my lane was stopped, the other two lanes were flowing nicely all of a sudden a lawn truck towing a trailer goes over these rail road tracks and the whole trailer bounces off. It passes the truck crosses the median and through three more lanes of traffic on the other side with cars swerving all over the place. It came to a stop in an empty parking lot and not a single car or person was harmed. I was like whoa that guy was lucky nothing happened. I'll bet he double checks the chains next time, and makes sure the trailer is latched.

hahahahah:laugh::laugh:. the trailer passes the truck lol. i wonder wat the dude drivin figured when his trailer was not behind him:waving:. i would of crapped a brick

DLAWNS
01-18-2009, 06:01 PM
That's scary as hell! I check mine all the time. My worker looks at me like I'm nuts, but all it takes is one time.

Springmeadows
01-18-2009, 06:44 PM
I had my trailer come off the ball loading up at the house. It was latched and chained but the small piece of metal under the hitch broke. This is a big trailer and a 2 5/16" ball. I had a rented mini excavator on it. God was watching out for me, nobody hurt and machine was ok. My tailgate took a major scratch but that's all. My wife was standing there watching the whole thing. She asked me after it was all over, if I'm gonna fix the stratch on the tailgate. I said no, it will serve as a reminder to me that the good Lord was watching out for me every day. I am so thankfull it didn't come off going down the road.