PDA

View Full Version : Landscaping Magazine subscriptions

BCNU
01-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Can anyone recommend any good landscaping magazines to subscribe to. Looking for one that has pictures to get new and different ideas. Thanks in advance for any information!!

Turboguy
01-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Turf Magazine to me is by far the best and head and shoulders about the others. Some of the others that are published are Lawn & Landscape, Landscaping & Irrigation, Total Landscape Care, Landscape Mgt, Irrigation and Green Industry and Pro.

White Gardens
01-19-2009, 02:44 PM
I had a subscription to PRO, and I liked it for what it was worth.

AGLA
01-19-2009, 07:13 PM
I think you will do much better at getting "landscape ideas" from regional home and landscape magazines rather than from national trade magazines. The trade magazines are great for business solutions, equipment and product resources, but tend no to be full of "landscape ideas" simply because that is not their purpose.

Home and garden magazines cater to the consumer so they show eye candy. Ones in your region will also be likely to show you things that are appealing in your area as well as things that available and survive your climate. They also lean toward the higher end market where the trade mags lean more toward the volume market.

You ought to be able to find such mags out of TN or OH. if KY does not have any.

Slcareco
01-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Garden Design, Horticulture