PDA

View Full Version : Website and Email question

DLAWNS
01-18-2009, 05:46 PM
I have a website hosted by host department. It is linked with my email that is through outlook. Everything has been fine but just recently I've been getting all of these scam type of emails. Things saying I'm entitled to money, phony ebay emails, foreign names email, etc. I forward the ebay ones to ebay and block sender and delete all of them but they just keep coming. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if there is a way to fix it.

Kiril
01-19-2009, 01:20 PM
1) Check to see if your host provides spam filtering, most all do. Be careful, spam filters are pretty aggressive (even on the lowest setting) and you WILL get client emails blocked at some point.

2) Enable spam filtering in your email client. Same cautions as #1. IMHO, Thunderbird's spam filter is better the Outlook. Filter to a folder not to the trash so you can check to make sure you aren't losing client emails.

3) Do both 1 & 2.

My primary business email is not published on the internet, nor will it ever be. This way, I can turn off all spam filters for that address and not have to worry about losing emails due to spam filters.

DLAWNS
01-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the info dude! I appreciate it!