PDA

View Full Version : Need Graphics help!!!!

fool32696
01-18-2009, 05:25 PM
I've been trying to make an image of my logo with a transparent background for hours now without success. I already have what I need in tiff and in adobe illustrator formats, but I have no way to convert them to a file that I can use in my graphics program. Can any of you convert one of these files to gif or png for me?

fool32696
01-18-2009, 05:27 PM
I just looked at the file size and the converting the ai will be the best bet. It's under 1mb while the tiff is almost 25mb

Turboguy
01-19-2009, 06:45 AM
I don't think it matters which format is larger or smaller when you start. If you want a transparant area and assuming this is for the internet, the file is going to have to be a gif when it is done. Probably whoever does this for you could do it easier working from the tif.

Kiril
01-19-2009, 12:27 PM
I think every image editing program on the market supports tiff. Always work with the original image, and keep that original image intact! The highest resolution image will give you the best editing results. In an ideal world that means either RAW, an uncompressed TIFF, or an uncompressed JPG (barring the first two). Any modifications to that original image should be saved as a copy.