PDA

View Full Version : How I started

mowerdude777
01-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi I am a teenage lawn cutter. I started mowing lawns when i was eight. now i am 14 and am very successful:) Ever since I was four years old I have wanted to mow lawns. My mom told me that once I turned eight i colud mow lawns. I started off with my neighbors and my parents lawns useing a 21 inch old honda and a old black and decker weed wacker. Last season I had 13 accounts and hope for more for this upcoming season.

MowTown Lawn Maintaince
1990 32 inch ferris belt drive
2007 Echo srm210
2008 Echo PB-265L
2008 Sthil BG-55
2008 Echo PE-200

DLAWNS
01-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Congratulations on your success thus far! Welcome to the site...and don't forget to do good in school!

Lucky Star Lawn Care
01-19-2009, 03:16 AM
Good for you....you will be in highschool in the back of the class taking business calls. lol Good luck

jtslawncare
01-19-2009, 11:03 PM
congrats on the success your having now.. you sound exactly like me when i was 4 years old and so forth. keep up the good work and you will be successful

mowerdude777
01-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Congratulations on your success thus far! Welcome to the site...and don't forget to do good in school!

mowerdude777
01-23-2009, 10:46 PM
congrats on the success your having now.. you sound exactly like me when i was 4 years old and so forth. keep up the good work and you will be successful

Cool my friend is kinda like that to by getting intrested at a young age, As soon as I started mowing lawns he wanted to mow too, but his parrents were affaraid he would die :laugh: But now that he is older he is my helper and we are makeing great cash for a couple of teenagers:)

mowerdude777
02-20-2009, 05:10 PM
bump!!!!!!!!!

DLAWNS
02-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Hey mowerdude, how's things been going? You gettin' a lot of snow up there? I'm sure you're getting ready for the season that is quickly approaching.

mowerdude777
02-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey mowerdude, how's things been going? You gettin' a lot of snow up there? I'm sure you're getting ready for the season that is quickly approaching.

I am doing good, actauly we got some snow yesterday. But I have a cold so I did not get to clear any ones snow except for the stuff on my driveway:cry:. And yes I am very excited that the season is approaching. I have cleaned and started most of my equipment all ready. After a few weeks in to the season when I start to make my money again a will but a new walk behind too.

DLAWNS
02-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Cool, good for you. Hope you feel better.

mowerdude777
02-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Cool, good for you. Hope you feel better.

Thanks man, most likely the new mower will be an exmark metro

DLAWNS
02-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Good choice, great mower and not a bad price.

mowerdude777
09-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Well here is a almost end of season update.
My echos were stolen so I now run kaw ,redmax, and sthil
My 21 toro self propelled was leeking oil and having other issues so it is out of service:cry: and was replaced with a commercial 2 cycle lawn boy that my neighbor sold to me for $20 and a old toro resi 21 that I got for $15. I got a 48 exmark metro hp for 1200 in april as most of you know. I just got a trailer this past weekend and plan on getting a bigger bp blower soon. other then that I want to save up for next year( want a new 32 and possibaly a truck). I also kinda changed my company's name it is now MowTown Lawn Services instead:laugh: I have been getting more and more work lately, picked up a lot of part time accounts over the summer. I also may have surgery this winter( if I don't I will get a good snow blower and try to get some snow work, I currently am using a old pos snapper and a half decent MTD)

JCLawn and more
09-23-2009, 10:20 PM
that's stupid that someone stole your trimmers. Of all the things to steal. Have any big yards, or are they all small?

mowerdude777
09-24-2009, 05:13 PM
that's stupid that someone stole your trimmers. Of all the things to steal. Have any big yards, or are they all small?

all my yards are pretty small The one that my stuff got stolen from was 1.17 acres, and I got fired 2 weeks later:dizzy: my biggest right now is half of an acre btw I was mowing when my trimmer,edger and blower was stolen. I do prefer my new hand helds a lot though

RN Lawncare
09-25-2009, 04:17 PM
all my yards are pretty small The one that my stuff got stolen from was 1.17 acres, and I got fired 2 weeks later:dizzy: my biggest right now is half of an acre btw I was mowing when my trimmer,edger and blower was stolen. I do prefer my new hand helds a lot though

So what happend? Were you just mowing and someone pulled up and took them or did you not see? Also, im your age and lol in the same state only like 45 mins from you. What would you be getting surgery for and are you ready for the upcoming snow season?:weightlifter:

mowerdude777
09-25-2009, 05:04 PM
So what happend? Were you just mowing and someone pulled up and took them or did you not see? Also, im your age and lol in the same state only like 45 mins from you. What would you be getting surgery for and are you ready for the upcoming snow season?:weightlifter:

I have messed up feet kinda, I was in the backyard for like 10 minutes and in that time my handhelds were stolen:cry:. If I do snow I will add a toro single stage to my snow fleet

JCLawn and more
09-26-2009, 06:52 AM
don't do a single stage. You want a dual stage. Single stages plug up when there is slush

mowerdude777
09-26-2009, 08:26 AM
don't do a single stage. You want a dual stage. Single stages plug up when there is slush

I know that but I want to get a truck with a plow in nest year. So I want a light weight snow blower to use on sidewalks, I may just get a single and dule, I have 6 single stages that suck to use so If I could trade for a 2 stage then buy a single stage as well.

RN Lawncare
09-26-2009, 04:05 PM
I know that but I want to get a truck with a plow in nest year. So I want a light weight snow blower to use on sidewalks, I may just get a single and dule, I have 6 single stages that suck to use so If I could trade for a 2 stage then buy a single stage as well. Dang man, what do you have 6 snowblowers for?

mowerdude777
09-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Dang man, what do you have 6 snowblowers for?

well I parts 3 today as well as some junk mowers I had a yard man and 2 s200 toros, I now have a MDT, toro snow master and a snapper pos that I may part out too, Most were given to me though

LouisianaLawnboy
09-26-2009, 07:27 PM
What's a snow blower. Hahaha
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerdude777
09-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Well today I parted out most of my spares or just junk
I parted my yard man, and 2 toro s200 snow blowers ( an objest to clear snow on residential property) hope that helps lol
I also parted 2 pos crapsman 21s both would not start and are not worth my time
And I threw away a crapsman trimmer compleatly worthless to me
I hope to get a shiny or redmax trimmer next year or fix my gt 1100 echo

mowerdude777
12-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Well I had a sucessful season and brought me a little toy back in november TORO POWERCLEAR 180:):):usflag: