PDA

View Full Version : ABT wireless-NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Lite4
01-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Just received this email from my Vista Rep. Thought I would pass it on. It's too bad. I really liked this product, this economy is screwing everything up.

The following email read:

We hope everyone had a happy new year.

The decision has been made to discontinue the production of ABT Landscape products effective immediately. The current economic environment has forced us to review our product lines and make some tough decisions. The ABT ZoneControl has been well received in the market but we have struggled to meet our internal sales goals.

ABT will be taking orders through the month of January. If any distribution outlets desire to order additional units we have plenty of stock on the Zone Control kits, and conversely if any distributors desire to return products, we will honor that as well. Our standard warranty is still in effect and we will continue to support your customers on technical issues as they come up.

We have spoken with a few of you about this decision and will continue to call and answer any questions that you may have.

Please call or email us with any questions on this matter.

Again we apologize as I know we all have put time and effort into getting the word out on the line and as of late those efforts were looking to really start paying off. We are disappointed by this announcement as we felt 2009 was going to be a big year for the line as many of you did. We thank all of you for the efforts you put forth in marketing and educating the industry on ABT.

Scott Matlock

VP Sales & Marketing

Secure Wireless/ABT

615 776-1759

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-19-2009, 09:12 PM
That is unfortunate. I have not yet installed one of these systems, but the functionality that it offered was a good option for many.

Mike M
01-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Wow, a lighting manufacturer mentioning bad economic times. Here it comes.

It would be nice if we had access to all the numbers. The only public companies I can think of that would give us this are GE, and Phillips. Is Phillips public? They bought Hadco.

If anyone knows publicly traded companies in our field, list them and we can try to get quarterlies. Do they have that stuff online? Or is it only for shareholders?

Eden Lights
01-20-2009, 10:39 PM
They had a good idea, but it was too basic and a dead end solution for clients that learned the benefit of lighting control and then wanted more. We need whole house integrated soultions.

JoeyD
01-21-2009, 09:25 AM
This is truly sad news. We were working closley with Sctt and Greg and had even brought them into the LITE program. We are bummed to hear this news. The product had a lot of potential!!

djt22
01-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Abt has not gone away. They have re-thought there decision and kept the product on the market as is. This is a good product how it stands and like everything thing else today will get improved to be even better than the first.

JoeyD
02-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Alright!! That is awesome!!

Eden Lights
02-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Word on the street is they are just dumping their inventory instead of liquidation: no service or support provided.

djt22
02-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Not the word here:nono:

Eden Lights
02-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Time will tell

djt22
02-06-2009, 11:17 PM
At worst there will be a better product out with a possible name change.

Gregabt
02-19-2009, 11:26 AM
I wanted to announce that the decision on the ZoneControl product has been reversed. This was due to significant feedback from the landscape community on the need for the ZoneControl product line.

We have informed our Reps and our Distribution that the ZoneControl is still available and ABT will be moving forward with additional products such as the MotionControl (MotionSensor). We are encouraged by the enthusiasm towards our product.

If you have any questions feel free to give ABT a call.

Thanks
Greg

JoeyD
02-19-2009, 11:30 AM
This is GREAT news!!! Thanks for keeping us all in the loop Greg

Lite4
02-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Fantastic!! Thank you Greg for letting us know.