PDA

View Full Version : Dead plant removal

scagdude
01-19-2009, 08:29 PM
One of my customers asked me to remove their dead plants nothing else. What should i charge? There are about 50 plants but i can just pull them up by hand no big deal. Im clueless any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

richallseasons
01-19-2009, 08:54 PM
hows $100.00 sound

scagdude
01-20-2009, 10:48 PM
that sounds great but i mean i have no basis for that. i guess i could just charge my hourly rate of $50. and just see how long it takes

richallseasons
01-21-2009, 04:24 PM
You could charge your hourly rate including drive time, plus disposal fee if they are a customer you have and will continue to do business with or what I try to do on small jobs is break the day in half and make the amount of money you need to, for instance if you need to make $100.00 dollars per day to make ends meet then from say 8 am to 12 am is $50.00 and from 1pm to 5 pm is $50.00 the extra hour gives you break time and lunch time, if the job takes you 2 hours in the morning then the customer still gets charged the $50.00 and you have time to do more work that day and you don't eat your down time or transition time. But this may be difficult to pull off on a small job so you decide.

scagdude
01-21-2009, 06:50 PM
that is a good idea. thanks so much for your input

LB1234
01-21-2009, 07:05 PM
what does it cost you to operate per hour? Charge that per hour plus whatever you want your markup to be. What's it going to cost you to dispose of the material...add that plus 10%.

For instance....

Lets say you can pull out one plant per minute...so its going to take you 50 minutes to pull the plants. Add another 20 minutes to walk the materials from the beds to your truck. It takes you 20 minutes to drive to the job, another 20 to drive to the dump site, 15 minutes at the dump site, and then 30 minutes to drive home. All told you estimate a total of 125 minutes or two hours worth of work. I'll assume it costs you 25 per-man hour to operate and break even. You want to generate 25 an hour on top of that. Let's say the dump fees cost you 70 with tax. Therefore it costs the customer 77. So two hours at 50 per hour and the dump fee gives you a total estimated cost of $177. However, you may want to throw in a fuel surcharge (customer doesn't have to be aware of it) since it is only one job for two hours and it will be difficult to recoup the fuel costs for just a two hour job. So perhaps you say $200.