PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Coppermoon

Chris J
01-19-2009, 08:38 PM
A big Thank You to Doug Shumate and the folks at Coppermoon. We had a great weekend with these guys in Destin, FL, and I have to say these folks are top shelf. Lots of fun and fishing, as well as some good conversation on business issues. Here's some pics for a little fun:

Chris J
01-19-2009, 08:42 PM
I caught some special fish for you James. We couldn't fit all them in a picture, but here's a pic to let you know how many of them we caught. :canadaflag:
From left to right: Billy Bradford, Mr. Awesome showing your fish count, Steve Cody and Burt Wilson.

worx
01-19-2009, 09:10 PM
I'll second that Chris,.....I mean the Copper Moon part. Doug really set us up right for the weekend and gave me an opportunity to meet some of the country's finest "lighters".

Chris I won't mention anything about your dance moves or the boldness you show in pickin' up girls.

Thanks again Doug!

Chris J
01-19-2009, 09:16 PM
HA! If you hadn't been distracting me so much, I wouldn't have hugged up on the wrong girls! And for the dance moves, you've got room to talk. How is it your wife has so many moves and you have only one? Good times though. Memories that will last a lifetime. Thanks for the fun.

worx
01-19-2009, 09:18 PM
I had Billy give me a quick lesson before we went out.

Chris J
01-19-2009, 09:26 PM
You need to get Billy to tell you his hot tub story. Funny stuff.

worx
01-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Melissa keeps telling me about it.

Chris J
01-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Christy's getting a CD made for me tomorrow from her camera. Should be some more good photos to come.

worx
01-19-2009, 09:39 PM
I look forward to seeing them......I think?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-19-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm sure you had a blast Chris. Thanks for thinking of me. Your respect and professionalism know no bounds.

Chris J
01-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I know, isn't it a kick? You know I'm just kidding with ya James. Haven't talked with you in a while, so I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.

klkanders
01-19-2009, 11:14 PM
That looks like fun! Could have been more pics of fish and the girls and less of you and Billy! haha How come Steve and Doug S. are not in any pics?

Keith

TXNSLighting
01-19-2009, 11:38 PM
Chris you look like one cocky fella! Its awesome! Im just joshin ya. Looks like it was a fun trip! Cant wait to see more pics!

Chris J
01-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Yeah, there is more pics coming. The guys will have more to offer than I as I don't have a camera, but I did get a few shots with the ex-wife's camera (coming soon).
Me? cockey? What are you thinking? I'm the quietest guy on the block, and I'm really reserved. Ya think? Just wait till you see the pics of my gal and Steve's honey. Holy cow! Of course I'll have to get permission from Steve before I post any pics of his family. But the girls were looking exceptional this weekend, I must say.

TXNSLighting
01-20-2009, 01:56 AM
I doubt he would care! Put em up!

Chris J
01-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Keith, Steve and Doug are in the pics. We were just so bundled up because of the cold it's hard to tell who is who. Doug is in the group pic between Billy and Ash, and Steve has the boots with the pants tucked in.

worx
01-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Dang Chris doo you ever sleep...? Post away, just make sure there the PG 13 pics..HAHA!

Kieth I was the junior lighter on the scene so I don't get as much camera time,...plus I was busy catching the fish!!!!

klkanders
01-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Ah Ok I missed that first time thru.........Thanks!

Get the rest of the pictures up plz.

Any that are Calendar Girl worthy especially!

If too racy for that you can e-mail them too me. :)

Keith

SamIV
01-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Hey guys. Yes we had one hell of a time. The fishing, food, accommodations, and company were great. It was a little chilly but we had the Gulf to ourselves. Doug knows how to put on a show.

All of you who have not yet dealt with Doug Shumate with Coppermoon need to give him a shout. He is just an easy guy to deal with and treats all on equal terms. You also might get to go fishing once in a while if you give him a chance and have a great product to install as well.

Those two guys from Florida (Steve and Chris) seemed to be suffering from dehydration. They were always quenching their thirst. And they don't sleep too much for some reason.

I had the wrong impression about Chris after reading a few of his post. He is really a calm and easy going guy who is just thirsty sometimes. Sometimes that does not come across in his posts here.

Nice to get to meet Steve and his wife, but you do talk funny and have no sense of time. Has to be reminded when to go to sleep. And we all know Billy here and Billy was in heaven when we were on the boat. He was in his comfort zone. All in all a great time. Hard not to have a good time when you are in good company.

Burt Wilson
Accent Outdoor Lighting

worx
01-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Your right Burt, Doug knows how to do it. How do reckon he secured the entire gulf for us alone? Absolutely wonderful group of people to hang with, hands down a great weekend.

By the way maybe you could put on a time management course at the next light fair, I for one just don't know how you do it. Oh yeah, thanks for the recipe's, but for some reason I don't believe I will be able to pull it off to your standards........

I hope everything is going well for you and yours and look forward to the opportunity to get together again!!!!

SamIV
01-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Billy is trying to plan another trip. I'm ready. If someone would explain to me how to post pics here I will post a group photo. And I need step by step please.

Burt Wilson
Accent Outfoor Lighting

worx
01-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Burt I would tell you but I'm not sure myself. Keep me posted on the trip and if it's where I can I will certainly join in.

Mark B
01-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Looks like a hoot. Forget the fish, show the pics of the girls..... Chris isn't it time for a beer upgrade??? LOL..

Eden Lights
01-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Not to kill the moon, but what products do you guys use of theirs? I have a sample box in the garage, did I miss something in there?

Mike M
01-21-2009, 03:58 AM
lol. Not to kill the moon. I read it four times wondering if it meant "not to pee on your parade," before I realized Eddie meant the manu.

worx
01-21-2009, 09:35 AM
I know Billy and Burt have used quite a bit of Copper Moon products. Not sure about Chris, and as for me I simply haven't had the opportunity ......yet. I do like there CM 890 wall washer though, and will post further findings as soon as I know something.

JoeyD
01-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Man talk about trouble all piled onto one boat!!! LOL Looks like a blast, your pictures are great Chris!! I must say I notice you lost a few LBS, you rlookin strong!!! You been training Jiu Jitsu or something?? LOL

Chris J
01-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I lost about 50 so far and working on another 10 or so. With all the crap I give some of you guys, I thought I better get back in shape in case one of you decide to start throwing down.

Chris J
01-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Burt, it's pretty easy to post photos. First you need to get the photo onto your computer (CD, photo card, or downloaded into a file). Then, when you go to reply to a message, click on "go advanced" instead of "post reply". Then you will see where it will ask you to browse your computer files to find the photo. Double click on the photo, then press upload photo. That's it.

Chris J
01-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I got the CD from Christy, but there isn't as much as I thought there would be. I'll post a few more tonight when I get back home.

SamIV
01-21-2009, 02:13 PM
1st pic and nothing to do with fishing but all Coppermoon

Burt Wilson
Accent Outdoor Lighting

klkanders
01-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Burt,
Very Nice! Now that you have gotten the hang of picture posting treat us to more please.
Its always nice to see others work.....it especially beats looking out the window at the snow here. :)

Take Care!
Keith

Pro-Scapes
01-21-2009, 07:13 PM
I guess I should chime in since I was mentioned oh so many times.

Awsome trip. Doug does know how to treat people and it shows clearly in the way he does business. Treats everyone as if they were an old friend and he means it. Kudos to Doug for another great trip (when we going again paco)

Burt mentioned another trip I was planning but this would be a private trip paid for by whoever wants to get on the boat. Its a smaller 33 ft cat and I was hoping to go in feb. It would be for monster yellowfin tuna and Wahoo.. Wouldnt you know it but we can do it around Mardi Grais time too.

http://www.relentlesssportfishing.net/

We are in for 2... Burt might go.. need 2-3 others.

Chris most of thoes were my pics so I dont have much else to post. You guys should have stayed on for Sunday night thats all I can say.

klkanders
01-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey Billy!
How you been? Looks like you guys had a great time. Great pics. Are pics from Sunday better? :) Put em up if you can or if not e-mail them to me bro.

Keith

worx
01-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Burt that's a great job on that home. I am sure your clients are very pleased. Please post more as you have time for us journeymen.

Pro-Scapes
01-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Kieth .. Sunday it was just my wife and I and a few old friends. Had a great time at baytowne wharf sunday night feasting on steamed lobster and crab. I doubt I have any pictures of Sunday night that would be worth posting it was just an evening of R and R

Pro-Scapes
01-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Not to kill the moon, but what products do you guys use of theirs? I have a sample box in the garage, did I miss something in there?

cm125... cm 890...ehatever else I need at the time

Chris J
01-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Excellent job Burt. Maybe some lenses on the wall washers, but overall it looks fantastic! Please share more when you can.
Billy, yes most of the pics I posted were yours. I've got a couple more, but I've been kind of tied up today and into the night. It's time for bed, so It'll have to wait until tomorrow. Burt hit the nail on the head about us not getting enough sleep. It's cool for a few days, then it hits you all at once.

Pro-Scapes
01-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Dinner tonight.....Little pan blackening as well as some grill action going on. Turned out great. One of the biggest mistakes I see people do when cooking fish is to over cook it. It should be moist and tender not dried up. DO NOT try to blacken inside unless you have an oversized exhaust fan. The cast iron pan has to be so hot its smoking. Thick filets need to be thinned down. Sorry for the lousy color in the pics.

JoeyD
01-22-2009, 10:31 AM
ok its 6:30 am and I want surf and turf now!!! LOL

irrig8r
01-22-2009, 11:13 AM
I didn't see any mention of what kind of fish you guys caught. I see the pics but don't know what they are. Different species than are here for sure.

And did you catch 'em trolling? Lures or bait?

They do look tasty the way Billy grilled em.

Mike M
01-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Gregg, those were redfish. Most likely the slot fish everyone else was throwing back. Lures and bait? Didn't you see the net Billy was dragging behind the boat? I noticed some weighted trebbles, too. (ha).

I'm with Joey, it's 7:05 AM here and I want some of what Billy was making with a stuffed baked potato and one of Chris's cold ones.

SamIV
01-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Red Snapper, Amberjack, Grouper, and some fish that I kept catching that looked and tastes just like Amberjack. Also a fish that looks like a small Grouper called Skate. We had to throw all the Snapper back as they were out of season. All of us caught fish, we had to fish for our own live bait and even that was cool. Drop a weighted line down to the bottom with 5 to 6 hooks on it and wait for it to fill up.

And here's a plug for Joey, an opened 1200 watt in-gound transformer by Unique. Unique manufactures some of the best in-grounds for the money I believe.

Burt Wilson
Accent Outdoor Lighting

JoeyD
01-22-2009, 04:36 PM
woohoo.......wait until you guys see the NEW AND IMPROVED DB coming out in a short period of time!! SIngle box housing with all the goodies!! Your going to love it!!!

Thanks Burt!!

worx
01-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Hey Burt those were Scamp's not Skates. I've got a couple buddies heading to Venice next Wednesday to do alittle tuna fishing on the "lump".

I've never used a DB what is the main purpose other than to keep it hidden under ground?

klkanders
01-22-2009, 06:10 PM
I've never used a DB what is the main purpose other than to keep it hidden under ground?

Steve,
Nothing really. I have used that same Unique DB Burt just showed. Client had an all brick exterior and didn't want trans. hanging or showing since it was used to light just the front of the home. And it worked out great as I had an electrician hard wire it to the Crestron home system.

Keith

Pro-Scapes
01-22-2009, 06:49 PM
DB's can come in handy when the trans needs to be concealed. I will have 5 going in sometime this year. I been waiting patiently for this job over 2 years now and the landscape is almost done.

U prewired the job with the irrigation system. I left my leads in round irrigation boxes and I placed a water meter box where each DB trans will go to hold my spot. It too will be controlled by the crestron system.

So no one besides Burt wants to hit some tuna up huh. Joeys just too weak I guess.

Why should burt get to post all the lighting pics. How about a Kudos to Unique and coppermoon all on the same job! Stellars...cm125's...cast pucks...i3 planters.

Chris J
01-22-2009, 08:31 PM
A few more pics from the trip:

Chris J
01-22-2009, 08:33 PM
A few more. I wish I could figure out how to add captions below each pic!

worx
01-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Man those are a trip, but I notice there is one person missing from each of those pics........

worx
01-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Well this is the way I see it....

I'm not sure about pic's 1 and 2. :drinkup:

Pic 3 I'll keep my thoughts to myself. :cool2:

Pic 4 I'm not sure but Billy is scaring the s**t out of me. :confused:

Pic 5 speaks for itself. :usflag:

Pic's 6, 7, and 8 are the couples photo's......HEE HEEE :nono:

Pic 9 .....the morning after.......:hammerhead:

Chris J
01-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Works: "Man those are a trip, but I notice there is one person missing from each of those pics........"

Ya think? Maybe the guy taking the photos? Here he is, Mr. Awesome!!
As you will recall, I spent most of the time huggin up on strange women...ha ha

worx
01-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Do you always order your beer two at a time?

Doug thanks again for an outstanding trip!!!

Chris J
01-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Oh, whatever dude. I notice you have a few in front of you too!

klkanders
01-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Some of the pics are better than others.........:) Looks like a fun time was had by all..........some alot more fun! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Keith

irrig8r
01-23-2009, 02:25 AM
Hmmmm.... I wonder if now that Mark Carlson is working for Coppermoon it means we can look forward to a West Coast fishing trip? Maybe we have to wait til the salmon are legal and running again... but it could be worth the wait.

Mike M
01-23-2009, 03:16 AM
I'm planning on going out to to snare some small game, if anyone's interested in coming up to join-in-on-the-action, I have extra rice and instant mashed potatoes.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-23-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm planning on going out to to snare some small game, if anyone's interested in coming up to join-in-on-the-action, I have extra rice and instant mashed potatoes.

You have this way of making everything sound soooo appealing Mike! :laugh:

SamIV
01-23-2009, 03:57 PM
One more pic and everyone looks quite civil except me. I'm behind the camera holding up a finger.

irrig8r
01-23-2009, 11:24 PM
You all look like you forgot your sunscreen... Or are you blushing from embarassment?

Pro-Scapes
01-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Chris and Steve got tanned. Ash did the sunblock 5 times that day and I dont burn. Steves wife didnt come with us on the boat I think she was pretanned before the trip

irrig8r
01-24-2009, 12:25 PM
I hate slathering on sunscreen... usually I just wear a wide brimmed hat and a long sleeve tee if I'm going to be in direct sun all day.... but I learned the hard way.

Chris looks especially pink in that last shot. :-)

Chris J
01-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I burn with sunscreen on. Ash let me borrow the spf 30, but that's not enough for my pale arse. I normally use 60+ during the summer with repeat applications and still get red.

NightScenes
02-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah, Doug is top shelf and they have a great product!! I sure wish we had caught that many fish when I went with them last year!!

Pro-Scapes
02-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Paul we easily caught twice as many fish this time around. We threw back several hundred pounds in NICE snapper too. Nobody was short on action this time and the water was pretty calm.

NightScenes
02-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Sounds like a great time Billy. I'm sure I'll be talking to Doug and Wade a lot this year.

rlpsystems
02-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Looks like everyone had a great time!