PDA

View Full Version : My new website check it out, tell me what you think

groundskeeperllc
01-20-2009, 08:08 AM
I just got my site up and running, its still under construction, i used www.landscaperoo.com to build my site, my url is www.groundskeeperllc.com

Frue
01-20-2009, 08:29 AM
It looks great!

Kiril
01-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Needs ALOT of work IMO.

CGlandscaping
01-20-2009, 10:13 AM
looks good man. nice looking and simple to use!!!!!!!!! Ill tell you that what alot of people told me to do when i talked to them. They want an nice easy to use website that looks simple and nice without a bunch of clutter. I like how you have a bunch of pictures... I need more for my website

Turboguy
01-20-2009, 11:27 AM
I like your color scheme, your general layout and all the photos on the photo page.

You do have a couple of typos.

For instance you say "Mowing, Trimming, Edging, Flowerbed Edges, and blowing is our regular lawn service practices. It should be "are" not is.

You say,

Jonathon has grow up in the Green Industry his whole life. It should be "grown"

There may be more, I just did a quick peek.

I would suggest reworking some of the descriptions on the photo page. Much of it is ok, but a few could use tweeking. Like the one that says. "A lawn we cut"

Your kids photos are really cute on the bottom of that page. You will likely get some flack from people who think that is out of place and too personal for a business website. My own feelings are that it is a nice touch. Made me want to call you to mow my lawn except being 1000 miles away is probably out of your territory. Nice looking kids.

You need a little work on the meta tags. What you list for keywords would make a decent title in your meta tags. The title you have is really bad. Keywords are supposed to go something like this ' Lawn Mowing,Lake Charles, lawn services, lawn maintainence,lawn mowing in lake charles,lawn care,landscaping,lawn cutting ect. It is supposed to be a list of terms people might enter into a search engine in the hopes of finding someone like you.

All in all it looks well above average for a do it yourself site but it does need some tweeking.

TCO
01-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Looks Great!!

ritchiem
01-23-2009, 03:45 PM
some validation issues you should have a look at

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.groundskeeperllc.com%2F&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

you pay $19.95 per month for this service? Wow...I am in the wrong business.

The site is not that bad. It seems very familiar, a few people must be using it.