PDA

View Full Version : 2009 program please advise.

wiseguyslawn
01-20-2009, 11:32 AM
app 1 -dimension either liquid or granular combo. if liquid then tank mixed with a liquid fert
2- granular fert slow release 2% iron spot pray
3- Merit fert combo
4- granular fert quick release spot spray
5- granular winterizer slow release

last year i did granular dimension. Ok results. I have been tossing the idea of tank mixing liquid fert with the weed control mainly to save time on 2 and 4 apps however i will not be able to spot spray blankets will have to be done. Whats everyone else prefer. Good results with liquid. I know it will not last as long as granular but will be more faster to show resulats. Last since these potential liquid apps wil be done in the summer, Special cautions with liquid fert apps in hotter conditions. thanks

tlg
01-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Sounds likea good idea to me. Two blanket weed control applications on your 2nd and 4th application should work well for getting good weed control. If the liquid fert is an issue for you consider slow release liquid fert. I would also change your winterizer application to a quick release granular. Slow release fert on this application is not needed.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-20-2009, 10:27 PM
I echo TLG on the final app slow release. I would go with a greater percentage mineral fert for that app.

rcreech
01-20-2009, 10:59 PM
The only thing I would do is go slow release on round 4 and quick release on round 5.

ProLawns
01-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Sounds likea good idea to me. Two blanket weed control applications on your 2nd and 4th application should work well for getting good weed control. If the liquid fert is an issue for you consider slow release liquid fert. I would also change your winterizer application to a quick release granular. Slow release fert on this application is not needed.

What is slow release liquid fertilizer?

UpNorth
01-21-2009, 02:50 AM
What is slow release liquid fertilizer?

I'd like to know too.

tlg
01-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Nu gro Techologies. Nitroform Powder Blue. It's a slow release for liquid applications. Won't burn. Works great in hot weather.

turf hokie
01-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Most places will carry a slow release liquid if you are willing to pay. One that comes to mind is Lesco JDL with the 18-3-6 Green Flo at 50%.

KACYDS
01-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Most places will carry a slow release liquid if you are willing to pay. One that comes to mind is Lesco JDL with the 18-3-6 Green Flo at 50%.

Lesco also has Green Flo 30-0-0 and 0-0-25. Can't remember the slow release %.:confused:

Also a friend of mine uses Coron 28-0-0, that has 70% slow release.

RigglePLC
01-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Wise,
I think you need the blanket weed control. Spot spray just is not enough, because you can't see all the weeds. Reduce the liquid fert to a low rate to avoid burn or use a slow release product. Or drop the fert altogether in hot weather. I prefer the herbicide in June and October. A lot depends on what kind of weeds you have that are most troublesome and what time of year is the best timing for the weeds in question. Oxalis, spurge, clover, dandelions, ground ivy, violets, veronica???

Neal Wolbert
02-01-2009, 02:52 AM
app 1 -dimension either liquid or granular combo. if liquid then tank mixed with a liquid fert
2- granular fert slow release 2% iron spot pray
3- Merit fert combo
4- granular fert quick release spot spray
5- granular winterizer slow release

last year i did granular dimension. Ok results. I have been tossing the idea of tank mixing liquid fert with the weed control mainly to save time on 2 and 4 apps however i will not be able to spot spray blankets will have to be done. Whats everyone else prefer. Good results with liquid. I know it will not last as long as granular but will be more faster to show resulats. Last since these potential liquid apps wil be done in the summer, Special cautions with liquid fert apps in hotter conditions. thanks

Your comments about liquid treatments, i.e. "not last as long" and "special cautions with liquid fert apps in hotter conditions" must flow from past use of solubles like urea or ammonium sulfate. PM me and I'll share our experience applying liquids in warm weather (up to 85) without tip burn at 9-10 week intervals with no expensive, hard to handle liquids.

Regards, Neal