PDA

View Full Version : Where and What to Buy

BELLMOWING
01-20-2009, 06:50 PM
I own a lawn mowing company which I inherrited after my dads passing in 2003. Any way I am currently studying to take the Washington State pesticides exam. With the economy slowing down and people cutting back on maintenance I thought I would expand our services to include lawn fertilizing and weed treatment. Now I will get to want I want to know:
1. What is the best and affordable skid sprayer? And also lawn gun to use?
2. What is a good liquid fertilizer and weed and feed?
3. Where would I look for these products?

Thank you for your help!

BELLMOWING
01-21-2009, 08:26 AM
bump....bump...

turfsolutions
01-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Are you sure you want to go with a skid sprayer? A skid sprayer is a nice companion piece of equipment but if you were going with one piece of equipment to treat your lawns I would go with a stand on unit. Most guys here use them primarily. You will get the job done twice as fast and not give up any quality in the ap. The question is which one to go with. Don't start a debate it will go on forever here. Demo a permagreen, t3000, and a z spray then decide for yourself. There are other stand ons as well. I personally prefer the z sprays.

As for where to find your product. Not sure about your area. Do some research and find some distributors in your area. They should be able to make recommendations on what product to use. Run their recommendations past the board here and see if everyone agrees.

Good luck

BELLMOWING
01-21-2009, 11:12 AM
We don't have many resources here as in distributors. Unless it is the local farm store and they are pretty limited. Are there any names of products that you can recommend as in broad-leaf killer for lawns, fertilizer, and moss kill. Why would ride on be better than a skid sprayer? Thanks for the help

turfsolutions
01-21-2009, 12:16 PM
I don't want to give you any chemical props because you are in a different area than mine. Contact your local county agricultural extension agent to get recommendations. Hopefully someone from your neck of the woods will chime in with some suggestions. As far as why go with a ride on. Productivity and longevity. You will be able to do more lawns faster, and not be exhausted at the end of the week. Not to mention you will make more per hour.

BELLMOWING
01-22-2009, 10:02 AM
bump....bump.....