PDA

View Full Version : 6.6L Duramax Diesel Block Heater

SLC, LLC
01-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Does anyone know where the block heater is on these 6.6L Duramax Diesels?

LLandscaping
01-20-2009, 08:00 PM
It should be zip tied on the passenger side of the truck I think behind the washer flood resovior.

Petr51488
01-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Yup, look by the passenger side by the battery. I havn't needed mine, and never unwrapped it. It should be wrapped up in electrical tape like the hot wire and trailer brake controller are under the master cylinder.

SLC, LLC
01-20-2009, 10:28 PM
I will have to look again tomorrow. I must be a real dumba$$ or something - I could not find that thing for the life for me.

allinearth
01-21-2009, 08:17 AM
It's tough to find. I had to call cust. service to tell me where it is. Like others said it is passenger side middle of engine compartment. I unwrapped mine and routed to wheel well. It is not located in a very convenient area. Have a 7.3 that the cord is by the fog light. Thought that was a better location.:hammerhead:

02DURAMAX
01-22-2009, 03:08 AM
It's tough to find. I had to call cust. service to tell me where it is. Like others said it is passenger side middle of engine compartment. I unwrapped mine and routed to wheel well. It is not located in a very convenient area. Have a 7.3 that the cord is by the fog light. Thought that was a better location.:hammerhead:

I had min eim my wheel well for about a year and now I put it back under the hood..I suck pluging it in when its all wet and then you get zapped!:cry: