PDA

View Full Version : Carbon copy estimates

Perfect Image TLM
01-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Any of you guys use carbon copy estimates? Where is a good place to get them through? It would be easier and more professional to fill out give a copy to the customer and have a copy so if they want the service I can have it in hand. Right now I just write it down and it sucks.. Thoughts appreciated..

mrkosar
01-20-2009, 10:54 PM
i've been doing since i started my company. my old boss who has 5,000 customers still uses the system too. just contact a few local printing companies. they will be less expensive probably. mine are pretty cheap. i want to say $0.14 or so per.

Perfect Image TLM
01-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the reply. How many do you buy at a time to get them for that price?

DLAWNS
01-20-2009, 11:12 PM

I do this also, but I just get mine from a local printer. I I got about 250 at a time. I would have to look up the price. It's so worth it, though.

lawntennis
01-20-2009, 11:17 PM
I just make two copies of my bid sheet. 1 in color for the customer and one in black and white for me. I staple them together with carbon in between. Good thing to do while watching the Steelers in the winter.

Perfect Image TLM
01-21-2009, 01:09 AM
I do this also, but I just get mine from a local printer. I I got about 250 at a time. I would have to look up the price. It's so worth it, though.

Yea I think this is what I am gonna check out. Thanks!

Perfect Image TLM
01-21-2009, 01:10 AM
I just make two copies of my bid sheet. 1 in color for the customer and one in black and white for me. I staple them together with carbon in between. Good thing to do while watching the Steelers in the winter.

This is what I kinda do already. Want to take it up a notch to look more professional. Thanks for the reply!

UpNorth
01-21-2009, 02:48 AM
Real Green has carbonless two and 3 part estimate sheets. They are sorta custom for their Lawn Assistant program, but check out their site I think it's realgreenforms.com maybe something there will work for you.

mrkosar
01-21-2009, 11:32 AM

500 or so. it might actually be cheaper than that now that i look at the overall price. it is well worth the money. local printers will keep your costs down more than Real Green I would assume, but maybe not. with all my printing i've found that my local printer is much less expensive. find a small printing company. SUPPORT THE LITTLE MAN!

Perfect Image TLM
01-21-2009, 12:09 PM
500 or so. it might actually be cheaper than that now that i look at the overall price. it is well worth the money. local printers will keep your costs down more than Real Green I would assume, but maybe not. with all my printing i've found that my local printer is much less expensive. find a small printing company. SUPPORT THE LITTLE MAN!

Thanks, I agree Support the little guy!!

Perfect Image TLM
01-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Real Green has carbonless two and 3 part estimate sheets. They are sorta custom for their Lawn Assistant program, but check out their site I think it's realgreenforms.com maybe something there will work for you.

Thanks for the help, I will check it out.

Pythium
01-21-2009, 01:23 PM
We use Hindsite to do all our fert bidding. It stores a record for us with prices and sqftage in the customers file, no paper to lose. We have one piece of paper then, we give that to the customer with their quote. One piece of paper, 4/4 both sides costs us about .08 cents.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
01-21-2009, 01:46 PM
These guys are easy to deal with & have great prices:usflag: http://www.anchorside.com/

Perfect Image TLM
01-21-2009, 03:05 PM
These guys are easy to deal with & have great prices:usflag: http://www.anchorside.com/

Good site with great prices! Thanks for the info!!

Turf----pro
05-06-2009, 11:38 PM
An old boss had an estimate sheet set up as a carbon card. With perferrated tabs at top for his 5 round program. At time of estimate we would fill it out. had a spot for address special instructions. Drawing of lawn and measurements and if I remember correctly it also had the program in detail on it. We would leave the handwritten copy with customer. The carbon card would then go into either of two boxes. Route box meant it was a sold contract and we would put it there. Or callback box for future attempts. The route box had all customers for one mans route. At the beginning of each round invoices would print in front office and we would have to file them in front of our route cards. Automatically establishing our route at the beginning of the round.
The round Markers on the estimate sheet was a perferrated sticker system that was replaced every year. The carbon card copy was in the route box for life.

Is anyone familiar with this system? Does anyone have an example of estimate sheet that might fit into this system?

Mowbizz
05-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Any of you guys use carbon copy estimates? Where is a good place to get them through? It would be easier and more professional to fill out give a copy to the customer and have a copy so if they want the service I can have it in hand. Right now I just write it down and it sucks.. Thoughts appreciated..

STAPLES stores (you know...the EASY button?)
They have all the forms you need at pretty good prices. Get some rubber stamps with your name on them and voila! carbon copy forms!