PDA

View Full Version : Please check out my site

jblawns123
01-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Open for critique and ideas. Every graphic, my logo, work, design all done by myself. It is a work in progress always... much more to add. Love new ideas :waving:

www.kslandscape.net

milsaps118
01-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Looks GREAT!!! What program did u use to build it?

I like your plowing page, how'd you get the snow falling effect?

Lawn-Scapes
01-20-2009, 11:44 PM
There is no consistency from page to page. When I clicked on Contact Us I was expecting a page to open and nothing happened.. so I clicked it again.. and again until 3 Outlook express pages opened up on me. There is no way to get back to your home page other then to hit back space a bunch. Too many steps involved to make a payment... keep it simple for the client and have a form on your site to input payment, invoice number and submit that will direct them right to your account. See my payment page...

Overall I like the logo, black background and color scheme but it's too busy with no real flow to it.

Keep working on it and good luck

Lawn-Scapes
01-20-2009, 11:47 PM
I just saw you have a home button at the bottom of each page.. put one at the top too.

Turboguy
01-21-2009, 06:18 AM
Nice job. I think it stands out as being a bit unique and I think you are off to a great start. I do think I would change the contact us to a form like you have on the estimate page. Opening outlook express is not a good option.

I think you picked good photos as well.

gringo gardener
01-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Ken I really like your color scheme ALOT !

I also agree with Tom that navigation would be much easier if a "return" button for the home page was at the top as well.

I dont know if it is my "op sys" or not ... but I could not view any of the Retaining Wall Photos or the middle picture of both the Shrub/Mulch & Lawn Installs photo galleria. I like the color scheme, however your green lettering on the home page is difficult to read (maybe bold would help - dunno).

The only two suggestions I have is that you might want to consider "justifying" your text so that it aligns to both the left and right borders ... I think this would clean up the pages Home & About Us better

The other suggestion I have is regarding the Estimate Page ... possibly providing a "check-box" next to a list of your basic services (to save the potential client some time reducing typing) keep it simple stupid for them - and then still have a memo box for "other" so to speak.

I would also consider making the dialogue boxes or whatever they r called the same size so that when you look at it its uniform.

I think the cleaner and cripser a page is the more it reflects our professionalism in the eyes of the consumer - imho.

jblawns123
01-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Great input guys, I love it!!

As far as the outlook contact us, I having changed the links to the contact us page yet, I was working on the script for form mail and until then while the site was up I just directed contact us to email.

As far as the check box contact us page, funny I had that setup that way, and plan to again... I just put the contact us page up last night and plan to do many revisions... its very simple right now, so yes... great ideas.

I had this site up before with almost everything you guys are mentioning, it was kandslandscape.com but i took it down for 2 years and someone cyber sits on my old domain so I can't use it unless I pay them mucho, So I changed to kslandscape.net. I am trying to adapt all the links etc to the new domain name, hence the issue with contact us page. I lost the formmail icon in my cgi-bin on my hosting service, and not sure which one I was using before with my old style contact us page...

I also had a link to home on the top which I forgot to put back up, so thanks for the reminder. As well as a refer a friend, customer letters, and products page... but I am just trying to get a functional basic site without all that jazz.

As far as the payment screen, I agree, too many steps.... but to have a form that you can fill out with crdit card info it needs to be secure, which means having a static ip address and a SSL Certificate.. I had that all before... And nobody ever used it, so I may just eliminate the payonline feature all together.

All great points, and I can tell you put some thought into your suggestions, I will be making changes daily, getting it in the best shape I can before April, so please... keep them coming!!:dancing:

jblawns123
01-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Lawnscapes.... Ahhh I see your payment page now, using paypal so I wouldnt need the static ip and SSL.... Nice, very nice..... I like it I love it...

I would like to use a spin off of your payment page if its okay with you... I will try to make it my own as much as possible.

milsaps118.... I used Macromedia Dreamweaver 8... I believe Adobe now owns it and its called Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 of some crap... I like the older version when it was Macromedia

jblawns123
01-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Lawnscapes.... nice site BTW.... I love everthing EXCEPT the nav buttons on the left, just the look and text looks too basic to me.... But what do I know, they are just not up to the look and feel of the rest of the site... Very easy to navigate though, I really like it!

DUSTYCEDAR
01-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Looks great nice work

Lawn-Scapes
01-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Ken, Thanks for the comments. I wasn't thrilled at first with the buttons either but they are growing on me and I like the fact that they are different.

Feel free to copy the code for the payment form. It's not mine.. I found it on the web.

jblawns123
01-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey Lawn.... looking at the nav buttons again, I no like the button, its the text font and style I don't like.... just looks like text in a paragraph, not a button you press... When do you see buttons on stereo, or microwave with italic text... Thats what I mean...

And also your coupons are too low resolution. I know you were not asking for input but your getting it, LOL

I am trying to workout the flow issue, I know my site before had most of these ideas implimented but I lost the latest copies of my html pages... I only had these mid stream ones, and it was about 4 or 5 years ago that I created them.

jblawns123
01-21-2009, 03:43 PM
I am experimenting with a whole new layout, that will have "flow" to it. I would eliminate the main home page and just stay with this format throughout the whole site. The green field in the middle will be for title and content of each page. Any clicking now will just bring you back to the old format, let me know if you all like this better......

http://www.kslandscape.net/Universal.html

Lawn-Scapes
01-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Two Thumbs UpThumbs Up from me...

gringo gardener
01-21-2009, 05:07 PM
mmmm ...
yeah i think she's okay for the opening page ... BUT ...

im still kinda partial to the black background ever since i saw erich's way back when.

here's another one i found while parusing today
www.stefanoslandscaping.com

milsaps118
01-21-2009, 11:29 PM
JB-- Just noticed a typo on your payment page, it says,"You can pay your K&S Landscape statement or invoice with you credit card!"

Also I noticed that the green you used for "Safe and Secure using Paypal!" is very hard to make out against the black backround.

I know your still tweaking it but overall it's looking really good!:drinkup:

Lawn-Scapes
01-21-2009, 11:39 PM
Hey.. your payment page looks really familiar! :) You might want to create a new paypal account though that actually says K&S... instead of Felt Board Favorites? To avoid confusion and lack of payment. It's free.

Maybe combine the contact and estimate page?

Looks much nicer and clean...

Good luck with it!

jblawns123
01-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Fixed text color, dont see typo... must have been while changing over...

Lawnscapes--- Yes, I used my wifes crafts paypal business account to set it up... I am in process of getting a K&S business paypal account, need to send info to paypal etc...

Yea, the contact or free estimate is a little screwey, not sure how to handle that yet. I still need to change over the pages inked on the services page to the new style layout... enough html for me today.... Will work on it some more here and there.

In the meanwhile, please... any adjustments changes or removals.... keep them coming, I will consider every comment and idea..

Thanks guys!

milsaps118
01-22-2009, 03:07 AM
Fixed text color, dont see typo... must have been while changing over...

In the meanwhile, please... any adjustments changes or removals.... keep them coming, I will consider every comment and idea..

Thanks guys!

JB-- typo still there. You need to add an "R" to "youR", its still reading, "You can pay your K&S Landscape statement or invoice with you credit card!"

TCO
01-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Jblawns , your web site looks great! I am not big enough to handle credit cards, but I do have a Pay Pal account for e-bay. Can I use that on my web site as well?
I noticed that is what you have.

Thanks Tim

gringo gardener
01-22-2009, 07:49 AM
milsaps ... maybe kens merely trying to represent - LOL!

jblawns123
01-22-2009, 09:05 AM
milsaps- am I nuts, On my payment page it says you can pay your not you....

Where is this? Cut and paste the address bar at the top of the page please?

Are you using aol? If so try holding Ctrl and pushing F5

milsaps118
01-22-2009, 09:11 AM
milsaps- am I nuts, On my payment page it says you can pay your not you....

Where is this? Cut and paste the address bar at the top of the page please?

Are you using aol? If so try holding Ctrl and pushing F5

On this page http://www.kslandscape.net/payonline.htm

Using Internet Explorer...............

gringo gardener
01-22-2009, 10:57 AM
You can pay your K&S Landscape statement or invoice with you credit card!
Safe and Secure using Paypal!
(You do not have to have a Paypal account in order to make a payment)

ken this was cut n pasted from your site as it read on the Pay Online page

btw ... you might want to consider rephrasing your (...)
It's not neccesary to have a Paypal account to make a payment ...
A Paypal account is not required to make a payment online ...
or something which flows smother than all those "haves"

like the site ALOT btw

jblawns123
01-22-2009, 05:37 PM
You can pay your K&S Landscape statement or invoice with you credit card!
Safe and Secure using Paypal!
(You do not have to have a Paypal account in order to make a payment)

ken this was cut n pasted from your site as it read on the Pay Online page

btw ... you might want to consider rephrasing your (...)
It's not neccesary to have a Paypal account to make a payment ...
A Paypal account is not required to make a payment online ...
or something which flows smother than all those "haves"

like the site ALOT btw

Done, and Done.... thanks guys... pardon my ignorance for not seeint the you your thing... I read it twice too... I stopped at the first your and thought I was good... too much html in one day will do that to you

gringo gardener
01-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Thumbs Up s-w-e-e-e-t site ! Thumbs Up

Kiril
01-22-2009, 10:46 PM
I just saw you have a home button at the bottom of each page.. put one at the top too.

Also make your logo a return link to the home page.

Also increase the line spacing on the text.

And PLEASE cleanup the code!

Kiril
01-22-2009, 10:58 PM
More graceful image display is needed in the gallery and dump the pic with the time stamp of edit it out.

Also, just me personally, but as a potential client, I don't really care about your equipment, just how good of a job you do.
Minimize the equipment pics, maximize the landscape pics.

gringo gardener
01-23-2009, 06:45 AM
so uhhhh ken ?
how many bags of Penn-Mulch in that re-seeding job pic did you use ?